Iberostar Resort from La Ramona

krdougan

I am going to be in La Ramona in mid January and was trying to contact Iberorstar for information about their day pass. I have seen several postings here about it and it sounds like a good way to spend the day. However, after 2 attempts to contact them through their website, they still haven't written me back.

So I am looking for some help. First of all, if you have been there, do you recommend it? Also, what is the cost for a day pass? I can't find that information anywhere. Finally, I am assuming I have to book the day pass ahead of time, so can anyone point me to how it is best to contact them?

Thanks in advance!

I have gone onto Iberorstar's website, hit the Contact Us link and filled out their web form to contact them twice. However, I have never received anything back from them.

Does anyone out there have an email address for them that I can use. The current way of contacting them doesn't give me an email address and I feel like my inquiry is being lost somewhere before it gets to the right person.

Thanks!

Ok, I browsed the Haciendas Dominicus Iberostar resort website, at the top right corner of the page there is a live chat option, I tried to chat but it is after hours so it is not working ( I assume that is why...) anyway I was instructed to leave a message ( I didn't) but you could try that or call them directly.

Hope this helps beacuase it is really worth the trip!!!!!!

Good luck hearing back from them. I've emailed 4 times and heard nothing.

I called the 800# and they said I could just show up. They gave me another email address to try. I did......and heard nothing yet again. I would have preferred something in writing.

We leave on Wednesday and if we pay the cab for the ride there.........and just show up.......and they refuse us......I will be plenty mad!!

Hi Cruisingbooboo. Would you happen to have to form that Britta e-mailed to you? I asked her to send it to me, but haven't received it yet.

Also, can you tell me if they have bottled beer, or any other beer other than El Presidente draft? One other thing, what dining venues do they offer during the day, just the buffet, or are there other places around the resort?

Thanks so much for your help!

Mary

Hi Cruisingbooboo. Would you happen to have to form that Britta e-mailed to you? I asked her to send it to me, but haven't received it yet.

Also, can you tell me if they have bottled beer, or any other beer other than El Presidente draft? One other thing, what dining venues do they offer during the day, just the buffet, or are there other places around the resort?

Thanks so much for your help!

Mary

Hi Mary, I don not have the form she emailed me sorry.

I don't know if they have bottled beer, we had draft. I know there are a few dining options we used the casual buffet near the pool. It was like the Windjammer on the ship.

I just used the email address that you provided and I got a response within 20 mins! The person that contacted my was

Mario A. Rosel

Guest Services Manager

Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

Tel.:1(809)688-3600 Fax: 1(809)686-8585

Mail: rrpp.bayahibe@iberostar.com.do

He sent me a form to fill out that just asks for passport number and names of the people in your party and I think our birthday and nationality. I hope other people are able to get a response!!

I emailed them for a 4th time and used a different email address this time. Finally I heard back from Mario A. Rosel as well. He told me that the cost for a pass from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM is $45 US. He said children up to 12 were half the rate of adults. He also sent me a form to fill out.

So now my question is about transportation to and from Iberostar. I heard you can take a cab there, but it is a 20 mile drive or so Do you have to pay the cabbie to wait while you are there or can you just take another cab back? In total, how much was your cost of transportation to and from the resort?

Thanks!

It isn't a 20 mile trip it is a 20 min. trip! Post on your roll call, see if others are interested, prearrange a meeting spot/ time on ship, get off together, hop in a cab and split the cost. we paid our driver when he dropped us back at the ship.

I emailed them for a 4th time and used a different email address this time. Finally I heard back from Mario A. Rosel as well. He told me that the cost for a pass from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM is $45 US. He said children up to 12 were half the rate of adults. He also sent me a form to fill out.

So now my question is about transportation to and from Iberostar. I heard you can take a cab there, but it is a 20 mile drive or so Do you have to pay the cabbie to wait while you are there or can you just take another cab back? In total, how much was your cost of transportation to and from the resort?

Thanks!

Hi,

We are planning on going to Iberostar in January. There are 12 adults and 2 babies in our group. Do the taxis us cars, vans or shuttle busses? Also, we plan to be there from 10 AM to 3 PM.

We don't want to pay for a cab to sit for five hours waiting on us. Will the Iberostar call a cab(s) for us, or will the cab company usually come back to pick you up?

How reliable are the cabs? I heard the driving/roads are harrowing. We've been to quite a few islands in the Caribbean and Mexico, so it won't be a huge shock to us if this is the case.

Thanks for your help!

Mary

Thanks for your help.

We had 2 vans take us, but there are some car taxis as well. My understanding is the taxi will wait for you, (it is a minimal price) I think waiting is better because you have not yet paid for your drive to the resort so there is motivation for the driver to pick you up. I am sure you canarrange for Iberostar to call you a cab but to me it doesn't make sense. I to have been to many ports so I am not to scared driving in a taxi as some, I didn't think it was too bad...

Have fun!!!

Hi,

We are planning on going to Iberostar in January. There are 12 adults and 2 babies in our group. Do the taxis us cars, vans or shuttle busses? Also, we plan to be there from 10 AM to 3 PM.

We don't want to pay for a cab to sit for five hours waiting on us. Will the Iberostar call a cab(s) for us, or will the cab company usually come back to pick you up?

How reliable are the cabs? I heard the driving/roads are harrowing. We've been to quite a few islands in the Caribbean and Mexico, so it won't be a huge shock to us if this is the case.

Thanks for your help!

Mary

Thanks for your help.

Iberostar was BEAUTIFUL.

Great day...HOWEVER, some notes:

- It took us a long time to get permission to come through the gates...they did not want to let us in.

- It is $45 per adult...so unless you are doing a LOT of drinking, may not be worth it....

- The public beach is RIGHT NEXT DOOR - and there is a bathroom and a bar/grill on the public beach. So - if you figure $10 for a chair, $10 for lunch, and $10- 15 for drinks, it MIGHT make more sence to just go to the public beach, and get more time....(Instead of having to check in, etc.)

I was considering doing this trip but had many posters say they did not feel safe. How was your experience? Curious as to how much was the cab fare? Do they charge per person or per trip? Did it take long for the cab to get you back to the ship and did the cab driver wait for you. I've heard conflicting stories where the cab would wait for you and you did not have to pay until you were dropped off at port or the complete opposite.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is a big wide beautiful beach...BUT, I would not leave my stuff "unwatched".

You will find plenty of cruisers on the beach to watch your stuff while you take a dip or a walk. You can tell the cruisers from the big blue towels ;)

Think the price for the van (we had 10 ppl) was $7 per person each way.

Cab did not wait for us, but we asked him to be back at 3:30, and he was waiting for us.....

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I contacted the Iberostar on 12/10 about getting a day pass for our group for a day in Jan. and was sent cost info. and the form to have completed when we check in.

I corresponded and spoke with Britta, Mario and others. They were very nice and answered all of my questions. On 12/23, I was contacted by Mario stating that we would get a call the day before arriving to let us know if we could come the following day. He said "Please note as mentioned in our last e-mails day pass depend on availability and these are not guaranteed. As regards this will be confirmed one day before of your coming. As you mentioned you could bring with you your passport and all the information required and at the hotel entrece they wil have the information. You could leave or store your thing in our office where going be safe." This really upset me since before that e-mail, there was no mention of us possibly not getting to go there for the day. I replied back to him letting him know that we will be at sea, so we will have no way of knowing whether or not they have availability for us until we get there. There are 12 adults and 2 children in our group, so we don't want to pay for taxis and then have to go back to the ship.

Just wondering if this is their normal policy. Thanks for your help!

Mary

When we got there Mario claimed that he did not authorise us to come....even though I had an e-mail that "welcomed us" to our day.

He claimed that they were "sold out" and there was no room for us....and that he needed to go to "his boss" to get permission.

In the end we got in, but it was a hassle.

FYI - once in, there were plenty of chairs at the beach and around the pool...so not sure what the issue was....

Archived