Iberostar Resort from La Ramona

krdougan

Iberostar Availability??

I contacted Britta Feldmeier a while back and asked if we could reserve a spot for next week and was given the information and later, Mario sent the Passport form to complete. He told us to bring it with us to the gate.

Then, on Christmas day, Mario sent me a e-mail saying there is no guarantee and they would contact me the day before arriving to let us know. His e-mail mentioned that it was noted in a previous e-mail, but it was the first I had heard of this. I sent him numerous e-mails after with no response, I guess due to his computer crashing.

Today, I decided to call him since we are leaving soon and need an answer. Unfortunately I won't be able to read my e-mail at sea which I explained in my 12/25 e-mail. Mario said they are at 90% capacity for the resort next week and will most likely not be able to accept any day pass visitors that day.

This is extremely disappointing for our group since we were planning all along on going there for the day since there's not much to do there. I'm a little upset at how they handled this since they just told us about possibly not getting in on 12/25. Britta nor Mario did not mention it to me before. We travel to the Caribbean every year and we won't be going to an Iberostar Resort any time in the future.

Does anyone know if any other all-inclusive resort has availability for the day? If so, who is the contact and what would be the cost for adults and children?

Thanks so much for your help!

Mary

You can try the Dreams resort. It was previously called Sunscape Casa del Mar and was just re-branded earlier this season. Here is the contact person and the info that was sent to us a few months back. Not sure if it is still the same since the changover.

Jesús Mercedes

Chief Concierge Assistant

Sunscape Casa del Mar La Romana

Tel. (809)221-8880 Fax (809)550-3741

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com

The day pass cost us$50.00 per person. We can provide you the towels. For the taxi, ask for one on the pier and to go back we can arrange one for you. The valid hours are from 1030am to 5pm, this gives you use of the facility, as well as all meals and beverages. We are 25 minutes from the pier in La Romana. A taxi is usually about $70.00US roundtrip.

Have fun where ever you go!

You can try the Dreams resort. It was previously called Sunscape Casa del Mar and was just re-branded earlier this season. Here is the contact person and the info that was sent to us a few months back. Not sure if it is still the same since the changover.

Jesús Mercedes

Chief Concierge Assistant

Sunscape Casa del Mar La Romana

Tel. (809)221-8880 Fax (809)550-3741

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com

The day pass cost us$50.00 per person. We can provide you the towels. For the taxi, ask for one on the pier and to go back we can arrange one for you. The valid hours are from 1030am to 5pm, this gives you use of the facility, as well as all meals and beverages. We are 25 minutes from the pier in La Romana. A taxi is usually about $70.00US roundtrip.

Have fun where ever you go!

I would recommend this resort. We were here on a day pass a couple years ago and absolutely loved this resort. A nice buffet lunch was included and unlimited drinks. Staff had lots of beach activities...yoga, Beach Olympics, etc. There were costumed Staff people doing beach antics. The grounds were quite lovely and there was a great shaded pool. It is adjacent to a "public" beach with local vendors so if you're safety conscience, you do need to be cognizant of how far you're wandering down the beach area. Some of the local vendors got pretty aggressive when he ventured into their "shops."

• 1 month later...

Archived