Jewel cabin # 1600 and 1602

mllyle

• 4 months later...

Croozin Soozin: If you had to choose between 1600 & 1602, which would you choose? I just received a call from RCI & 1600 is available. We are currently booked in 1602 (JS) with DS's in 1604. Just curious about the amenities real "suite" passengers get as well.

Thanks for your insight.

I would pick 1602 every time - but, having said that, we are at the diamond level so no matter which cabin we have we'll get concierge access, which we enjoy. We actually switched from 1100 to 1600 on our last cruise, but the balcony is not nearly as big as 1602 - so we'll stick with 1602 on future cruises.1602 doesn't get you any of the suite perks, but 1600 will. It was a nice cabin - I'm sure you would enjoy it. Treats delivered to your cabin each afternoon, the concierge lounge. Not sure there was any benefit beyond those to having the GS.

Hope this helps!!!

Soozin

I had 1600 on the Brilliance and 1100 on the Radiance. 1100 is definately bigger of the two and 1602 is very large & deep. But with 1602 you have 2 neighbors that can easily look into your cabin around the partion, whereas 1600 & 1100 only one neighbor. 1600 is an awesome cabin, very large, and 1100 was a standard C cabin with very large balcony. If the price were right I'd take 1600 again, otherwise 1100 is great also. I like the privacy of the corner rooms!!

Tracey

We've had 1100 on Radiance, and the balcony is enormous, plus you can get a great view around to the port side of the ship. 1602's balcony is deeper, but as Tracy said, you have neighbors on either side of you who might be peepers. We have 1600 on an upcoming Brilliance trip, and are really looking forward to it. We're also Diamond members, but it will be our first time with all of those perks.

Thanks for all of your input. I guess I think/plan too much. But the thought of being in a GS is really tempting.

Neighbors might be an issue in 1600, but our DS's are in 1604. They have to be next to us. (We have to keep at least one eye on them.) We can't split DH & I up even for booking because if we are both in a JS, then we achieve Platinum status after our next cruise.

The cost for us to move from 1602 to 1600 is pretty substantial because our DS's would have to move from 1604 (D-1) to 1602 (JS). I just wasn't sure about the perks, the concierge lounge, treats in the afternoon, robes, etc. in a GS to see if this could possibly be justified. The cabin itself (dimensions) really aren't that different according to the website (about 50-60 sq. feet if I remember correctly). If the balcony on 1602 is actually larger than on 1600 (that's my DH's true love - the balcony), I think we'll probably stay where we are.

I'd love to see actual pictures of #1602 too.

I had 1600 on the Brilliance and 1100 on the Radiance. 1100 is definately bigger of the two and 1602 is very large & deep. But with 1602 you have 2 neighbors that can easily look into your cabin around the partion, whereas 1600 & 1100 only one neighbor. 1600 is an awesome cabin, very large, and 1100 was a standard C cabin with very large balcony. If the price were right I'd take 1600 again, otherwise 1100 is great also. I like the privacy of the corner rooms!!

Tracey

I have 1600 on the Radiance in a few weeks. The pics I've seen of this cabin look great, with that nice entrance with artwork. Looking forward to the experience, and I really love AFT locations.

MTS

Archived