Review of the "Baby Splash Zone" on RCCL Indy Nov 29 - Dec 7

helpmenew2crusing

My DD liked the Baby Zone better then I thought she would (she loves the water anyway but I thought she was going to try to escape out to where her brother was but she never noticed the H2O Zone…lucky for me) … however... whoever designed it did not consult a “mother”. Our 1st at sea day was a little rocky therefore my 13 month old was falling all over the place, I thought they should have painted the bottom with some sort of sand paint… it was very slick especially with the movement of the ship. Then there was the wood edging all along the outside of the pool…”Perfect for little heads to crack open”… I wish there had been a bumper long it. The edge was only about 18 to 20 inches high and for the non-potty trained age group it seamed to be a dangerous height. The other to sides were tile but were higher and not as much of an issue. Also it was closed a lot because of “accidents”… even the H2O Zone was closed for an “accident”. And look out for the net at 5pm on the dot, they kicked us out because the baby zone closes at 5pm even if you are still using it!!!! But like I said she loved it, I just never got to sit down with her because I was worried the whole time she was going to fall and hit her head.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Kim

Yep it is pretty slippery. Water shoes would probably be a good recomendation to upcoming cruisers.

How cold was the water in the H20 zone since we are now in Winter? I hear that the H20 zone isn't heated but the deeper pools are.

What about the Lazy donut? Is it heated?

I gotta say I'm really torn as to if I'm going to let my 21 month old do the Baby Splash Zone on the Liberty of the Seas when we cruise Saturday. I do worry if it will just be a problem with the temptation of going to the bigger area where she won't be allowed. We've gone to several waterparks with her and she loves slides and fountains and seeing it so close, but trying to explain to her that she's not allowed...I don't think that's going to work! =(

Archived