Carseat - am I crazy??

katondeck

• 2 weeks later...

We are taking our 1 year old to alaska for a family cruise, and i cannot imagine lugging around that big britax seat and bags and luggage and stroller. We are leaning toward a lap child in the airplane, and lap child in the cab also. Has anyone done this before? please tell me if u would recommend doing it again?

I feel for everyone with little ones. My DD is now 15 1/2, so we only have to worry about lugging around her whole room and bathroom :D .

I realize that child restraint laws are created to protect children, but sometimes they can be more of a hindrance. While DD was always in a car seat in our automobile, she wasn't in a car seat while flying.

Who remembers when there were no car seat laws? Me, DH, my sister, and lottttts of other people traveled in cars without the benefit of car seats as young 'uns and we managed to survive just fine (okay, most of us anyway).

I'm not saying to never put your child in a car seat. I think you need to look at all factors, weight your options and make a decision that you are comfortable with. Not everybody will make the same decision but you need to be comfortable with your decision.

Marlissa

Archived