Flight time recommendation?

iluvazsun

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.....I'm wanting to book my airfare today for my 2/22/09 cruise from FLL back home to AZ. What is the recommended time to book the departure? Would I be able to make an 11:30 am flight? Most flights leave that day really early, or later in the afternoon, and I don't want to be stuck at FLL all afternoon, nor do I want to miss my plane!

Any suggestions fellow cruisers? :confused:

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.....I'm wanting to book my airfare today for my 2/22/09 cruise from FLL back home to AZ. What is the recommended time to book the departure? Would I be able to make an 11:30 am flight? Most flights leave that day really early, or later in the afternoon, and I don't want to be stuck at FLL all afternoon, nor do I want to miss my plane!

Call Carnival. They have specific flight guidelines for each port.

Usually flights that depart after noon are OK (once again depending on the port). I sailed on the Liberty out of Miami in November and flew out of Ft. Lauderdale. We were at the airport early enough to standby on a 9am flight (and we got on!).

However, with that said, there have been times when debarkation has been slow (even with self-assist debarkation which we always do), and I haven't been able to get off the ship until well after 10am.

Once again, call Carnival, and ask for their guidelines for the specific port/airport you'll be cruising and flying to/from...

11:30 am flight would be no problem whatsoever.....

Call Carnival. They have specific flight guidelines for each port.

Usually flights that depart after noon are OK (once again depending on the port). I sailed on the Liberty out of Miami in November and flew out of Ft. Lauderdale. We were at the airport early enough to standby on a 9am flight (and we got on!).

However, with that said, there have been times when debarkation has been slow (even with self-assist debarkation which we always do), and I haven't been able to get off the ship until well after 10am.

Once again, call Carnival, and ask for their guidelines for the specific port/airport you'll be cruising and flying to/from...

yes. also depends on when the ship arrives port, and when you are called.

If you are flying into and out of the same port sailing from... 11:30 is very doable and would suggest you do the self debarkation to be more assured of making the flight. If you are say flying into Miami and sailing from Lauderdale or visa versa...that could be done but with a higher risk factor of missing that flight.

Archived