Airport used for galveston cruises

Desert Cruizers

Galveston is not served directly. You can go to Houston-Hobby (Southwest), which is about 40 miles away, or Houston-Bush (everybody else), about 70 miles. RCI is rumored to be selling shuttle service for ~$60/person, but not available yet. Only one rental car co.--Hertz__and it is not open on Sunday, when VOTS leaves. Many use limo service, but pricey :(

I would imagine many use the Cruise line Transfers and are bused to the airport. Can't be many early departures I would think. Thank you for all your information, it gives us something to work on and plan.

Hawaii RT Oct 11th ROS

17 Day Panama 2006 Sun Princess

11 Night E Carib BOS 2004

10 Day Mex Riviera 2002 Sea Princess

My TA booked us an RCL transfer from Hobby. Now I wonder if it is from Hobby or IAH. It was $60pp. I will have to call her on Monday and have her check it out. She is really very thorough so I imagine it is okay. But you all have raised the question and now I will have to check it out before the cruise. Thanks.:confused:

The question of whether you could get a transfer from Hobby was bugging me so I went to the RCL website and did a dummy booking. I was able to reserve transfer from Hobby for $30pp. From IAH it was $45pp. They did have a specific time of 1:00pm. I don't know about other cruiselines but it seems for RCL you can get a transfer.

Archived