Do they sell Diapers in the convenience stores onboard?

JordanLovesCruisin

My friend is going on a cruise with her sisters, and she is bringing her 8 month old baby girl.

She knows I'm on this site and what not and wanted me to ask if they sell diapers onboard.

She is going on a 7-day cruise, and was just scared that if the baby gets sick (diarrhea) or something, that she wouldn't have brought enough diapers.

I told her bring way more than she normally would, but she insisted on having me ask!

Thank you so much!

Hello,

Again, I would pack more than you need, although diapers (nappies for me in the UK) take up a bit of space, they are not heavy.

Even if you can buy them I assume they would be more expensive than what you are used to and not the brand normally.

I was on a cruise recently with a toddler and brought all of my nappies from home.

Good Luck

Catherine

It's always a sad sight on the last day or two of a cruise to see the parents who have run out of diapers. The shop has very few, not much selection of sizes and they're expensive. Much better to bring a bunch home (or leave them on board) than not to bring enough. She can fit a ton of them in the outer pockets of luggage where they won't take away space and end up providing more padding for the suitcase!

Best,

Mia

I was worried about the same thing when I first started cruising with my babies. And I know they do take up a little more room but what I did was pack a carry on bag that had all my baby supplies in it (bottles,formula,bottled water,juice,breastfeeding sup,passeys ETC)

and I carried it on with me BUT then I also had a back up plan!! I packed 10 diapers in everyone elses luggage it didn't take up much room for 10 diapers and do that with 3 or 4 people and you will have way more than you will need. I packed it in everyones luggage just in case the diapers I packed in my checked luggage didn't make it, But I ended up with way more than I needed. They do usually have a few diapers in the gift shop but if you think you are going to need them I would buy them when you first get on board because when they are gone they are gone. I have had other parents ask me for diapers before (I guess I had chronic over packer written on my forehead:rolleyes: ) Hope they have a great cruise!! Babies are fun to cruise with (for me anyway!!)

Archived