Upgrade fairy ???

taysuz

LAST MONTH WE BOOKED A PANAMA CANAL CRUISE FOR APRIL OF 2009 ON THE ISLAND PRINCESS. WE BOOKED AN AD CABIN(GUARANTEE).

WE HAVE LEARNED FROM READING POST ON THE CRUISE CRITIC TO CHECK THE PRINCESS FOR PRICES AND CABIN ASSIGNMENTS. AS A RESULT WE HAVE HAD OUR FARE REDUCED $400(200PP). LAST WEEK WE WERE ASSIGNED A CABIN NUMBER. WE ARE NOW IN AN AA CABIN.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A SUPER UPGRADE TO ME AS THE CABIN SIZE IS 323 SQUARE FEET vs. 280-302 SQUARE FEET. IN ADDITION THE CURRENT PRICE FOR AN AD IS $1299 vs. $2374. I AM DELIGHTED; HOWEVER MANY OF YOU CLAIM THERE IS NO UPGRADE UNLESS YOU MOVE TO A HIGHER CLASS.

HAVE I INDEED BEEN UPGRADED??

LAST MONTH WE BOOKED A PANAMA CANAL CRUISE FOR APRIL OF 2009 ON THE ISLAND PRINCESS. WE BOOKED AN AD CABIN(GUARANTEE).

WE HAVE LEARNED FROM READING POST ON THE CRUISE CRITIC TO CHECK THE PRINCESS FOR PRICES AND CABIN ASSIGNMENTS. AS A RESULT WE HAVE HAD OUR FARE REDUCED $400(200PP). LAST WEEK WE WERE ASSIGNED A CABIN NUMBER. WE ARE NOW IN AN AA CABIN.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A SUPER UPGRADE TO ME AS THE CABIN SIZE IS 323 SQUARE FEET vs. 280-302 SQUARE FEET. IN ADDITION THE CURRENT PRICE FOR AN AD IS $1299 vs. $2374. I AM DELIGHTED; HOWEVER MANY OF YOU CLAIM THERE IS NO UPGRADE UNLESS YOU MOVE TO A HIGHER CLASS.

HAVE I INDEED BEEN UPGRADED??

I'd say an AD to an AA is an upgrade. Also great that your price went down. I'm not sure where though you got the figure of 323 sq ft. According to the Princess site all mini-suites are listed as 280-302 square feet.

Technically a upgrade is for example from inside to outside, from outside to balcony, balcony to mini or mini to Suite, but in your case it is just location, location, location. Congrats and have a great cruise. it is still a great move from AD to AA.

Marilyn

I thought that all mini-suites, from AE upwards on the Emerald were all 323 square feet. Am I incorrect? Thank you.

The write up for the mini-suites on the EMERALD do read - Approximately 323 square feet, including balcony.

BUT, OP is sailing on the ISLAND and the write up for the mini-suites for that ship read - Approximately 280-302 square feet including balcony.

Thanks for the comments. You are correct. All minis on the emerald are listed at approx. 323 square feet. On the island however ad, ac, and ab are listed @ 280 to 302 while the aa is listed at 323 square feet.

Archived