Princess cabin selection

Ricky Chan

Has anyone stayed in Sapphire or Diamond Princess Cat. CC oceanview cabins no. C102 - 105 (Caribe deck) or B102 -105 (Baja deck) before?

I am wondering if view of those cabins are blocked. It sure looks like on the deck plan.

Any help is appreciated.

Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

Ricky

I was reading that the CC class rooms are specially classified because the sliding doors need to be closed while the ship is moving ... otherwise you get a gale & will have problems. So I think that is why the deckplans show a black colour where the balcony is.

They used to lock them while moving, & only open them for you when you were in port. I dont know if that is still the case.

But under full steam you cant be on the balcony!!! ... someone might like to correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers for now

Ricky

I was reading that the CC class rooms are specially classified because the sliding doors need to be closed while the ship is moving ... otherwise you get a gale & will have problems. So I think that is why the deckplans show a black colour where the balcony is.

They used to lock them while moving, & only open them for you when you were in port. I dont know if that is still the case.

But under full steam you cant be on the balcony!!! ... someone might like to correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers for now

Tibbs:

Thanks for the info. I think I will give up on those cabins.

Ricky

Ricky

Cheers for now

Tibbs:

Thanks for the info. I think I will give up staying in those cabins.

Ricky

Probably wise.

If you got the CC cabin cheaper ... ie: the cost of Ocean View, and that was your budget, then it would be worth it, as you still get to use the balcony in each port. So in a cruise that frequents many ports & less days at sea, they would be a better deal than Ocean View.

But if you want to regularly use, and cab afford a Balcony, then avoid these IMO

cheers

Archived