FYI - Final payment and fuel surcharge

Caris

I just thought I'd give a heads up to the people who have final payments due. Mine was due today and I was surprised to be charged the fuel surcharge.

When I called the TA she said they've been arguing with princess over hundreds of bookings, where Princess says we are in 'final payment' process during and therefore are still charged. I had thought we would not be charged since our final payment was after the date stated in the press release.

We will get it back in onboard credits, which is fine, but I was surprised to have to pay it today, as I thought we were past that point.

I just thought I'd give a heads up to the people who have final payments due. Mine was due today and I was surprised to be charged the fuel surcharge.

When I called the TA she said they've been arguing with princess over hundreds of bookings, where Princess says we are in 'final payment' process during and therefore are still charged. I had thought we would not be charged since our final payment was after the date stated in the press release.

We will get it back in onboard credits, which is fine, but I was surprised to have to pay it today, as I thought we were past that point.

Wow this is a new one. :(

Princess and Cunard - NEW UPDATE

"For those guests joining their cruise between December 17th 2008 and February 11th 2009, the refund will be given as an onboard credit during their cruise. For those guests joining their cruise after February 11th 2009, the booking will be adjusted to take account of the fuel supplement refund and issue a new confirmation".

Just been advised that we have been credited with $66 per person for our 10th January Ruby cruise and my TA added the above Princess statement.

Our cruise is February 27th and is 14 days, so it's the full $126.00 per person. I wonder why we had to pay it today, seems very odd. The TA seemed genuine, when she said they had argued with Princess. At first I was worried they were being shady and going to keep it, if we didn't complain.

The day after the announcement we booked and paid in full for 1/31 Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera sailing.

The fuel surcharge was not even quoted in the total price.

I guess because ours is new booking, therefore the fuel surcharge is no longer applied.

Archived