Pride~~~Dec. 12-19th Information

Martita B.

Sailor's......I just found an interesting web site......you might want to take a peek.....it's called, "Where's Your Ship?"

Listed for us: Ships in Port

Dec. 12th Bridgetown: Holland Volendam and the Prisendam

Dec. 14th St. Bart's Just us!

Dec. 15th Virgin Gorda Just us

Dec. 16th St. Thomas: Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

Carnival Victory

Celebrity Millennium

Seabourn Pride

Dec. 19th Fort Lauderdale: 8 ships will be in port! Both the Pride & the Legend

the site: http://www.cruisecal.com/200412.html

MB

Martita B.

Looked up my ports for November 28th Pride sailing. Not too bad.

Port Everglades can handle the 8 ships at once. But the horrible crowds after you get out the doors may be a zoo. If your flight is later in the day I would stay onboard as long as possible.

If you try to stay on too long though they may make you help clean your suite for the next guest.

LOL

mcboo:):):)

Hmmmm, something seems wrong with that website....It shows both the Legend and the Pride crossing starting at St Thomas on March 27th and it's as if they are going in tandem all the way to Lisbon. We all know the Pride is leaving FLL on the 15th....this must be a misprint :confused:

matt~~~I was amused at the "Find Your Ship" web site.......for March 15th-05, it had the Seabourn Pride as being:

1st: in the Atlantic Ocean

2nd: in St. Thomas

3rd: in Great Bahama Banks

When actually we'll all be boarding in Ft. Laud for our 12 day Crossing to Lisbon!

chairsin~~~Boy, I'm with YOU! St. Thomas is my least favorite place in the world to visit! Last Jan., I didn't even venture off the ship! Stayed on board and a few of us "had a 'lit party!"

A time or two we have docked in St. John's......(I call it "Chicken Island!) which I love......Caneel Bay for lunch, is always so nice. But, this time, we leave at 1 pm.

As I'll be hosting the "Eggnog Social" on Dec. 16th around 6:30, I'll probably just stay on the Pride and "assist Cheffy Rob, breaking eggs......and whipping cream!" OH, and tasting the ingredient of the holiday whiskey!" chairsin, I need your "ministry and aid"........ are you interested in helping?

MB

A huge THANK YOU, Martita, for your fabulous new cruise calendar find! Although it, obviously, has a few "MOOSETAKES" it is still absolutely fascinating! Agree that it is not as nice when we must share ports with other

ships, but at least we will be on the RIGHT SHIP in each of those shared ports! Champagne wishes, etc.

"crazy"......YES, I agree! The only time I enjoy another ship being along side is another Seabourn vessel! One year when we anchored off Prickley Pear Island, for the picnic, the Legend was with us! We had THE most wonderful day......it was just like a "family reunion"........I never saw soooo much hugging! Yep, two Cheffy's, 2 boat loads of Seabourn guests and ALL the great, sweet waiters, from both ships, ALL TOGETHER! What a fun day!

Today, our friends boarded the Legend in the Canary Islands for their Crossing!

When do you leave for your Caribbean voyage? I KNOW it will be a very special cruise.......

MB

Well chairsin......what about us planning on having a dee-licious lunch (bring hubby) with wines......and desert, of course, in the dining room at 12:30......then let's have a 'lit nap.....then I'll run up to the Constellation Lounge and leave our "merry-makin' stuff"......then we'll have a cocktail in our suites while dressing for the party at 6:30? Golly, we sure do not want to "over do!"

Does this sound like a great plan?

(I'll send out the invitations on the 14th)

I am so very ready to board the beautiful M/V Pride ship.......and to be with all the beautiful and fun Seabourn folks!

MB

Actually , " us' too ( can't leave my sweetie out). We are soooo ready to get back to the world of Seabourn where there are no decisions more serious than what dessert to order -- I swear (excuse me) between this new house planning, which is at a critical point, and hubby STILL flying back and forth to D.C. ( and La. and Boston) every other week we need the pampering retreat that Seabourn offers -- I would also ordinarily also say restful but somehow with Martita on board I doubt if there will be much down time. Martita, your plan sounds like a winner -- I will be more than happy to help with any set up, decorating or general gopher errands. Lunch sounds great-- 12:30 in the dining room is a date.

BTW, Jane Pond's suggestion that we all just dine at the CCbeach Hotel the night before departure might not be such a bad idea -- then any late arrivals can just join in -- and afterall, don't you have enough to do planning the onboard festivities?

Girls~~~I think Jane's suggestion as to us staying "put" is the best idea......

I wrote James Best at the Coconut Court and he also suggested we have our cocktails outside on the deck, overlooking the ocean and then dine there as well. After a day on "the airplane" we'll all need some downtime......this will also be the easiest......for everybody.

H.D. arrives from Miami at 2:12, I arrive, 6:40 from Miami......the Dr. M's arrive 10 pm (I think from Atlanta) What time do all of you arrive Barbados?

MB

I arrive on Friday, just to be sure in case the Philly weather gets nasty. (I have a terrible case of 'train fever' as we call it in our family, early for everything.)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to ease anyone's transition to Seabourn 'time'. I could actually meet someone at the airport if that's needed.

Jane in PHL (will be at Coral Sands)

Jane~~~many thanks! I'm always early as well......taught by my sweet, adorable Father. He used to say to me, "Sweetie, being prompt tells everything about the person!" Which is true!

The Coconut Court has a transportation car/van that will pick us up at the airport........thanks!

'Yall just enjoy your cocktails and fellowship before I arrive. Oh, by the way, if you and chairsin spot a handsome fellow walkin' around by himself, please ask if he is "Herman".......'yall will enjoy him immensely! He's a doll! (and a super friend of mine)

MB

Martita/Jane

We arrive at 3:32 PM (we are coming via your way Jane -- we have a four hour layover in Philly before connecting B'dos after flying thru the night from PHX -- it is about the only thing I miss about the D.C. area -- much better flight connections) . Look forward to meeting you ladies real soon!

Sailor's~~~~do any of you know "Trevor" the Pride Hotel Manager? He's on now and will continue, I think for several more Caribbean cruises.

I found out yesterday that Lulu will stay on the Pride until Dec. 19th.....(say, Yipppee, chairsin)

I'm excited about sailing with Chef Rob Feenie......his restaurant in Vancouver is very highly rated! And I'm happy he's including his fiance for our "Haven's" cruise. As they've not been on Seabourn, I know they will enjoy every minute. And Rob will be so happy that the Pride guests are so very appreciative of good food.

OH, mcboo.......forgot to mention that the 2 other Barbados restaurants that were suggested are: Pisces and David's Place. Everybody talks about The Cliff, also. Your idea of making a reservation as soon as possible is smart, as it's High Season in the Carib.

"Later doesn't come for everybody".........so let's all enjoy today and tomorrow!

MB

Martita,

I am calling today to see if we can get into Southsea. I looked at there website and the menu is definatly different.

I have been to Pisces amd the Cliff before. Both I think are over rated.

I really wish I liked the island of Barbados more. I think it is clouding my judgement. My one night pre-cruise is just to make sure I don't miss the Pride.

mcboo

mcboo~~~Yes, I've heard that The Cliff is over rated too. Food and drink is soooo expensive on Barbados. (we must have a Banks beer!)

My favorite thing to do in the Islands is go to the open-air market.....I like being with the natives.......I usually buy gorgeous exotic flowers and I take them back to the Crew dining room.......my housekeeper provides a vase. The Staff/Crew dining room usually does not have flowers to enjoy. (for $15 I can buy an arm load) The best open-air market, I think, is Martinique.

Have fun!

MB

Mcboo, I do agree with you re Pisces and the Cliff - wouldn't go back.

In addition to Southsea, I am looking forward to trying the Palm Terrace at the Royal Pavilion whose Bajan born, European trained chef de cuisine, Michael Harrison is getting rave reviews. Its pastry chef, Tania Hackett, has been named pastry chef of the year by Gourmet for her rum creme brulee. Also, Starfish, Tides and Villa Nova are well recommended by friends who live on the island.

Martita,

Trevor Coutts was the chef on our two week Med cruise a year ago -- not only is he handsome but smart and very committed to getting the best for the passengers. He treats his staff very well and they adore him -- so will you but no fair --I saw him first! Do you know who the rest of our key crew members are? My TA says our Dress Circle lecturer is Sabin Robbins -- do you know of him?

chairsin~~~I do not know Sabin Robbins. What field of lecturing?

It seems many of the Officer's, Staff and crew are "playing musical chairs" during the month of December.......some going on vacation, some embarking.....I know Tori and her Hubby will be on, but will disembark and fly home on Dec. 19th. Lulu will also leave on Dec. 19th.......

It will be "pure magic" as all of the Holiday Caribbean cruises are......this, I may have mentioned, will be my "memorial cruise to my sweet Mother"......this was her favorite 7 day!

Would you and Hubby like to join me at "Le Select" for a Jamaican Red Stripe while we're in St. Bart's? Tell Hubby I KNOW THE neatest "gourmet Cigar" shoppe..........(it's down a dark alley) Perhaps Tori and her Hubby would like to join us.

Have a good weekend!

MB

Martita,

I have not been to St Barts before -- neither has hubby. he would love that treat -- mind if we travel on your coatails in St Barts( he deserves it -- has been working much too hard and been doing much to much traveling the last two months)? He is coming on board with a "quantity of nice Davidoffs -- so good they actaully have a pleasant aroma-- but he would love to check out your St Barts source -- maybe they have a few "cubans".

According to my TA Sabin will be lecturing on the islands???( Maybe I should GOOGLE him).Who ever our crew is I know they will be great.

BTW --Disturbed by another post on another thread about Seabourn discontinuing By Invitation Only. Have you heard anything on this?

Archived