Kaibo Beach Club

3xy4mom

Has anyone been to the Kaibo Beach Club? We are doing a private tour with a stop at Kaibo for lunch and beach break. I would be interested to know how the beach is and the cost for lunch. I am thinking about asking them to take us to Rum Point instead since I have heard so much about that and nothing about Kaibo. We are a family of 5 traveling Christmas week. Any advice?

Has anyone been to the Kaibo Beach Club? We are doing a private tour with a stop at Kaibo for lunch and beach break. I would be interested to know how the beach is and the cost for lunch. I am thinking about asking them to take us to Rum Point instead since I have heard so much about that and nothing about Kaibo. We are a family of 5 traveling Christmas week. Any advice?

Ah...the Kaibo. I almost wish you hadn't mentioned it here. :D ;) We go there at least a couple of times a week when we're on the island...we're big fans of the place.

It's a beach bar, very similar to Rum Point, just with a bit better food and less crowding. The swimming might be a little better at Rum Point, maybe, but not much. Their website is here - http://www.kaibo.ky/ - with pics, menus, etc.

Just curious if you can tell me who you booked this private tour through. I'm traveling the same week with my 13 yr old daughter. We don't want to snorkel, so I'd love a private tour with a lunch stop and beach break.

I'd be interested in any info you could share.

Thanks

I used Island Marketing. You can access them by logging on to grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com. They have several choices of different excursions. I ended up going with them because I had alot of difficulty finding others that weren't already full. We originally wanted to do Rays, Reef, and Rum Pt, but that was full. Many of the other popular excursions were also full. I think there are 5 ships in port the day we're there.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah...the Kaibo. I almost wish you hadn't mentioned it here. :D ;) We go there at least a couple of times a week when we're on the island...we're big fans of the place.

It's a beach bar, very similar to Rum Point, just with a bit better food and less crowding. The swimming might be a little better at Rum Point, maybe, but not much. Their website is here - http://www.kaibo.ky/ - with pics, menus, etc.

This looks absolutely lovely. Can you please tell me how to get there from wherever the Tender drops us? Thank you!

This looks absolutely lovely. Can you please tell me how to get there from wherever the Tender drops us? Thank you!

Rent a car. Drive the 45 minutes out to Rum Point. :D

Okay, now that you're on the other side of the island from the pier... Turn left just a tiny bit before you hit the Rum Point beach bar, onto Water Cay Road, and follow it almost until the end. Bear right near the end of the street, when you see the Kaibo condos ahead of you and the Gardens of the Kai condos on the right. (If you miss the turn, don't worry...going straight takes you into the public beach, so it's easy to just turn around.) The Kaibo will be on the left...you can't miss it.

Or, book an excursion that stops at the Kaibo for lunch instead of the Rum Point restaurant. That's probably the easiest solution, and the one the OP was inquiring about...

Just thought I'd follow up on Kaibo Beach since we just returned from there. It was wonderful, I would return there in a heartbeat! We stopped there for lunch and had the place pretty much to ourselves except for one other family. There were some kids learning to windsurf in the cove off the beach. The food was good and the atmosphere very relaxing. We did drive by Rum Point on our way back and it was definitely more crowded, but looked nice too.

• 4 years later...

Hi! We are planning a cruise to Grand Cayman and are considering the Outrage trip through Island Marketing that you mentioned. Were you happy with your tour? I prefer to book with someone that has alot of good feedback through Tripadvisor but I can't find these guys anywhere (although they have the best rates I've found for what they're offering). Thanks in advance for any info!

Julie

Archived