New years caribbean weather

chapultepec

I would appreciate it if any of the CC members who have cruised over Christmas and New Years can tell me what kind of weather to expect in the Eastern Caribbean. We set sail on Dec. 28th and my last cruise to the EC was in mid October of this year when the weather was hot and humid.

I know that there can be showers or rain to some degree on any given day in the Caribbean which does not bother me, just hoping that the weather will be warm. According to the monthly averages the ports of St. Maarten and Saint Thomas are in the low 80's on those days with humidity between 60 to 70 % but I could not find any stats for Princess Cays . . . HELP!!

Hi! it looks like you might be on the same ship we are. If you'd like, please drop in on our roll call. We're all excited and glad to chat about our cruise..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=596135&page=8

As for weather...it can be nice and warm but will probably sprinkle some. The water can feel cool at first. On our December sailing last year we had one day of high wind which stirred up the waves but not a lot of rain.

Course it can storm at anytime of the year but chances are, we'll have mostly good weather.

Archived