Reduced Fare

Silver sailor

Has this ever happened to anyone else

Scheduled to do Alaska on the Infinity

Checked fares for CC today 12/18 as of 9 AM reduction of $151.00 per person

Checked again 12 hours later and fare was back to the old rate orginally booked in April

Had no problem getting reduced fare but it seems odd the reduction was for only a short period of time

be interesting to hear comments

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same experience on the fare change was much greater. I moved from up to a CC cabin and still saved over $200 each on our June 12 cruise to alaska. Rates were down for a couple of days and then back up. New to cruising, so no real experience on this.

Has this ever happened to anyone else

Scheduled to do Alaska on the Infinity

Checked fares for CC today 12/18 as of 9 AM reduction of $151.00 per person

Checked again 12 hours later and fare was back to the old rate orginally booked in April

Had no problem getting reduced fare but it seems odd the reduction was for only a short period of time

be interesting to hear comments

Hi Silver sailor !

Yes, I have seen it before. Price reductions typically last a while. A few hours is rare. I suppose it all depends on how many cabins are booked once the price drops, and/or how many price changes are requested by exisiting bookings.

Bottom line is.... it always pays to keep checking your pricing. We have saved a great deal of money over the years, by being diligent about this.

Hi. On our Millennium concierge class trip in Alaska this past September, the room cost just kept going down ... but only for a short time each time. This is to say, it started at $1699. then it got reduced for a Residence discount, then it was for Senior rate. Each reduction only lasted a few days. We ended up sailing for $950. each. I kept ... I keep ... the Celebrity website open and check the fares every day. Our refunds were even after final payment. It really pays to be vigilant with this.

fern

Yes KEEP ON CHECKING

Went to X web site last week and found fare was reduced an additional $250 per person

Again reduction was for a very limited time

Between 12/18 and 12/20 fare was reduced from $1,499 to $1,098

$401.-- p/p or 27% and still five months to go

Archived