First-timers in cabin with Past guests ok at PGP - straight from the purser's desk!

RjayB

DISCLAIMERS for this thread!;)

1) This may apply to the Fascination only

2) This may apply to this particular purser only

3) I'm just giving the facts, since this topic is occasionally debated, not trying to start a flame war.

We sat with a wonderful couple at supper last week on the Fascination. She was a past guest, he was a first-timer. On the night of the Past Guest Party, she received an invitation, but of course he did not. She did not want to break any rules, so she went to the purser's desk to ask if it was ok to bring him.

This is a direct quote from the purser: "Yes, you may bring him to the party, it includes anyone sharing your cabin."

We all went to the PGP together, and the person taking the invitations did not bat an eye when only one invitation was given for the two of them.

Again, this has nothing to do with someone trying to break the rules or "get away" with something, as they asked the correct people in charge, and those people said it was perfectly fine.

--RjayB

If Carnival would change the invitation to read You and your Spouse, You and your cabin-mate, or whatever, this would solve all these discussions, mas (I think) the invitation is the only place that this is documented. I've got no problem with a Past Guest Husband bringing his first-timer wife (or girlfriend) to the Past Guest Party - that combination is so rare that it doesn't matter. ken

The past guest invitation says "past guest" it does not say "past guest and cabin mates".

My employee Christmas party was for employees only, that is why the invitation said "employee" not "employee and family".

As a basically non drinker, I find the "party" exceptionally boring and skip it. However, it is the ONLY past guest perk you get until you have 10 cruises besides a different colored card, whoopeeee, and they are rather crowded as it is.

The past guest invitation says "past guest" it does not say "past guest and cabin mates".

My employee Christmas party was for employees only, that is why the invitation said "employee" not "employee and family".

As a basically non drinker, I find the "party" exceptionally boring and skip it. However, it is the ONLY past guest perk you get until you have 10 cruises besides a different colored card, whoopeeee, and they are rather crowded as it is.

This is exactly why i posted this information. I have always thought that you could not get through the door unless each person had an invitation, regardless of shared cabin status. But apparently on at least one ship (or maybe it is only one purser?) it is allowed.

And yes it is still the same old promotional film they show everytime, although they added the Splendor at the end :)

DISCLAIMERS for this thread!;)

1) This may apply to the Fascination only

2) This may apply to this particular purser only

3) I'm just giving the facts, since this topic is occasionally debated, not trying to start a flame war.

We sat with a wonderful couple at supper last week on the Fascination. She was a past guest, he was a first-timer. On the night of the Past Guest Party, she received an invitation, but of course he did not. She did not want to break any rules, so she went to the purser's desk to ask if it was ok to bring him.

This is a direct quote from the purser: "Yes, you may bring him to the party, it includes anyone sharing your cabin."

We all went to the PGP together, and the person taking the invitations did not bat an eye when only one invitation was given for the two of them.

Again, this has nothing to do with someone trying to break the rules or "get away" with something, as they asked the correct people in charge, and those people said it was perfectly fine.

--RjayB

You didn't try and cash a traveler's check there did you?? LOL. JK. Seriously, I agree with others that it should be for past guests only. I also like the idea of having a PG party for the platinums ONLY. I am not there yet, but think it is a great idea.

Archived