Coral Princess - Alaska South Bound:Best Balcony?

chocolady001

We have decided to take the cruisetour MB7 with Coral Princess May 18, 09.

(This is the Epxplorer Arctic tour- 14 days.)

Need advice for excursions and best balcony-room location.

Our plan is: Land first Cruise after.

We didn’t reserve it as of yet since we are still looking for the best available deal.

Thanks!

(Grand princess – Caribbean’s, Feb. 2002)

You may also want to post your question on the Princess board and also under Ports of Call - Alaska. I'm sure you'll get lots of great responses from those two sources. Below are the links.

Princess board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Ports of Call/Alaska: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Good luck to you.

Oh, and welcome to cruise critic!:)

We were on the Coral 5 years ago-It looks like they have renumbered the rooms but we were on Deck 9 Dolphin about midship-Starboard side. It was awesome. Very quite-not to far from elevators and the view from the balcony was awesome. Bring all kinds of film or spare compact discs and be prepared to be amazed. In Ketchikan we did the dungeoness crab tour, Went on a boat and the Showed us how to catch them, then went to a beaufiful lodge to a crab feast that we are still talking about. In Skagway we went fishing at a beautiful lake-caught a few fish but we were about 50 feet from a mother brown bear and three cubs as she fished and gave the salmon to the cubs-all on video-just like national geographic. When we got back to the ship there was one more train ride-It leaves right from the pier and follows the old goldrush route. It was fantastic and breath taking. It made for a long day but both were very worth it. In Juno we went on a helicopter ride and landed on a glacier, We got to get out and walk around on it. Again breathtaking scenery, especially from the air and we consider ourselves so lucky to have walked on a glacier. We we got back we walked around Juno and stumbled across the Red Dog Saloon. That place is a hoot and is often mentioned on the Travel channel. Dont miss it even if you just stick your head in for a few miniutes- It is just a short walk down from the pier. We booked all of your tours through Princess and feel that we got well above and beyond what the cost were. We feel that all four of these excursions were once in a lifetime events that few people have a chance to experience. Have fun-wish we were going back but we are looking forward to escaping the long Maine winter on a carribean cruise in Feb.

We are also taking our first Alaskan cruise next summer. We are also doing a southbound and spending a few days exploring Alaska before the cruise. (We are doing our own thing, not a cruisetour.)

The above links are great. They really help me a lot. Another page that has been a great help in picking our cabin is http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html. A CC member posted this as an aid to those of us trying to figure out what cabin we wanted. It helped me pick ours. Since we are southbound as well we picked a port balcony cabin. Even though on glacier days the ship may turn around and the views better up on deck I think it will be wonderful to watch the coastline go by as we eat breakfast on our balcony. Especially for non-port days. As well as for evening drinks after dinner.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

• 3 months later...

Thank you all so much. I didn't really have a choice with the room selection since I paid for a deal. We paid for an inside and got upgraded to a balcony Carib. Can’t complain.

Now I have to decide which excursion to choose for the 3 ports.

We are booked on the 14 nights eplorer cruise tour – land 1st.

Archived