Dismbarking Brillance and heading to airport

rmebda

My DH and I will be going on a Med Cruise in May that starts and ends in Barcelona. Does anyone know approximately what time passengers are allowed to disemabrk? I want to book a flight out of the airport at 9:20am - friends say they have made that connection before without any trouble. Our TA however said not to book a flight leaving Barcelona until 11:00am. Is she just being overcautious?

Secondly, how long is the ride to the airport?

My DH and I will be going on a Med Cruise in May that starts and ends in Barcelona. Does anyone know approximately what time passengers are allowed to disemabrk? I want to book a flight out of the airport at 9:20am - friends say they have made that connection before without any trouble. Our TA however said not to book a flight leaving Barcelona until 11:00am. Is she just being overcautious?

Better listen to your TA.

We just returned December 7. I believe they were letting people off the ship by 7am. We were able to walk off at a little after 8 and I think we it took about 20 minutes to get to the airport. We were actually too early to check in for our flight. Now with that said, I think 9:20 maybe pushing it just a bit if there are any delays. Also what day of the week do you disembark? That may make a difference in travel time to airport, we were a Sunday and there wasn't any traffic that early. It may be different on a weekday. Just make sure your luggage is tagged for an early time, I believe they were releasing luggage based on departure times.

You can easily make the flight provided everything falls your way. I walked off BR twice last year around 7. No customs or immigration to slow you down. The ride to the airport was 20 - 25 minutes on a weekday (I think it was a Monday).

Security and customs can slow you down at the airport, but IMO, 920am is very doable. Just know that you don't have a lot of wiggle room if something goes wrong.

We just returned December 7. I believe they were letting people off the ship by 7am. We were able to walk off at a little after 8 and I think we it took about 20 minutes to get to the airport. We were actually too early to check in for our flight. Now with that said, I think 9:20 maybe pushing it just a bit if there are any delays. Also what day of the week do you disembark? That may make a difference in travel time to airport, we were a Sunday and there wasn't any traffic that early. It may be different on a weekday. Just make sure your luggage is tagged for an early time, I believe they were releasing luggage based on departure times.

Thanks, we get off the boat on a Friday. We think we are going to go for the 9:20 but haven't booked it yet. Hopefully we can get the first tags off the ship... and pray that morning rush hour traffic is not heading in the direction of the airport.

You can easily make the flight provided everything falls your way. I walked off BR twice last year around 7. No customs or immigration to slow you down. The ride to the airport was 20 - 25 minutes on a weekday (I think it was a Monday).

Security and customs can slow you down at the airport, but IMO, 920am is very doable. Just know that you don't have a lot of wiggle room if something goes wrong.

Thanks GMoney, that's good to know.

I think we are going to for the 9:20. We will request and hopefully get the first tags off the ship. If it's 7am like you got, then we should be okay. I heard it was slow at the airport.

Can we walk off with our luggage or have security rules changed?

We're reluctant to take the 11am to London because still have to change airports from Heathrow to Gatwick in order to get home and we want to allow as much time for that as possible. Can't miss the flight home because there's only 1 a day from London and our daughter's birthday is the next day

Archived