Serenade of the Sea room 7656 or 9522 ?

reality466

I was wondering if anyone could comment on either of these rooms. I think that 7656 has a larger balcony but I am concerned that there may be noise from the bars on the floor below. From 9522 would you have an obstructed view to your right from the overhang?

This will be my families first cruise so I would love help from those with experience.

Thanks

7656 does have a larger (deeper) balcony, but the balcony is not as private as 9522. The divider does not extend all the way to the railing on those "bumped out" deck 7 cabins. Neither will have any obstructions. I'd rather be nearer the pool--on deck 9, it'll be easy to use the stairs, instead of waiting for the elevators all the time. 2 flights is easy--4 flights is difficult!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned and were in 7146....DO NOT STAY ON THIS FLOOR. The lifeboats are stored on deck 7 with a white metal cover over them that extends from most of the balconies on this deck. It obstructed our view of the ocean and on port days, of which there were 5, we had crew walking back and forth across the top!! Kind of a shock to be relaxing on the balcony and have crew walk by....really wasn't expecting that.

We steer clear of the Cat E1s on the aft end sides of Deck 7 because what you see on the deck plans is really there--a section of structure, sort of like a shelf or table, at the level of the railing of your balcony, for about two feet out. When you stand at the railing of these balconies, you do not look down to the water; you look out.

Now we happen to love the E1s on the forward end of the ship. We don't care much about the privacy thing of sharing a bit of railing between the balconies; we usually make friends with our neighbors, or enjoy our family traveling with us next door.

If given the choice between the two staterooms you mentioned, I would go with 9522.

Leslie

I have an aft cabin 7674 on this ship. Should I be concerned with this choice? I'm aware of the bar below but that won't be an issue. I picked this cabin because of being on the back. Thought it would eliminate some wind cruising Alaska. There are quite a few cabins available on deck 9 but they are located on the sides. Would I be better off changing?

Archived