queen victoria jan 2nd 2009

seabourndt

i thought 38/9 is the cunard berth? while SAGA SISTERS omn monday are in 38/9 strange? thry werre at mayflower last year. QUEEN VICTORIA took ages to turn roubnd and i wass frozen standing there. think it was worth it. i also went to the panto(any idea what happened to STEFANIE POWERS? was she ill?)

dave

It is but QV rarely uses it. It can stand empty while she docks in 101 with a P&O in 106, which is similar to what sometimes happens with P&O ships. I found it odd too, especially when she's the only one in like yesterday or the 11th December. Maybe it's a P&O decision.

Tha Sagas are using it because of a lay-up in 101. They were last both in there two years ago.

Can't help about Stefanie Powers I'm afraid.

saga sisters were there a year ago!! i was there as was supposed to go on qe2. we had a pree cruise meal, i went home but fell ill and had to cancel, luckily i got my money bacxk! they had a few fireworks last night. might make to to hythe on monday

dave

Were they? I was on a cruise when they went last year so it's the only one I've missed. Thank you for putting me straight Dave. :) The best one I think was 2006 when Ruby came out of 101 behind Rose (who had been in 106 and sailed to Town Quay before stopping) as the fireworks were going then lined up alongside before they sounded their horns at each other. Monday will be sad with it being Rose's final world cruise. At least they're both in together again on the 5th May so this won't be the last time. I'll be down at Hythe and hope the forecast rain has gone.

i'll be there in the afternoon to get some pictures before it gets dark then go to hythe for a while. do you live in soton? have to get back to london. where is the new terminal? near 38/9?

i think she is the states think she is returning to the panto soon

dave

The new terminal is opposite where the old Ocean Terminal was. You can't miss it. It's due to open in May. The Carnival building is complete on the outside but still being fitted out. That opens in a few months time.

Yes I live on Southampton. Very convenient for the ships and cruising but I miss the QE2 terribly after all these years seeing her around and sailing on her. Not as often as many here but a few times which is better than nothing.

i'll see you later then, are you using the hythe ferry? i wikllhave a look for the new terminal then is it near qe2 terminal? sure you can tell me all about it tonight. is it snowing and windy there? it is going to be very cold tonight. i'm coming down around 2.30 then going overr to hythe while it is reasonably light.

thought someone was posting fromthe ship but nothiong more, yes i miss qe2 as well.

dave

i was planning to go to hythye pier so see the SAGA SHIPS off not realising that the ferries finished before the ships departed. i went over to hythe then back on 2040 and watched the fireworks but the ships were still there so had to go just got in at 0100!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE ARCADIA??? she is still there.

Hi Dave,

I hope you've thoroughly defrosted after yesterday. I was there. I got some photos in the morning from the ferry. We need a shivering smilie on here! Then I was at Hythe marina for the fireworks and departure of Rose. I wasn't staying until 11.30pm for Ruby which was a good job since she didn't go until after midnight. It was an excellent display and well worth the cold. The few people who turned out left after that.

Arcadia has gone now. Emergency electrical back up was the cause the paper says.

i had planned to see thjen from the pier when i found the last ferry was 2040, i realised the pier would be closed. the bus was off at 2133 so guessed i would not see anything. so i think i made the right decision to return to town quay. my mouth felt like it was frozen too. a lot of people left as soon as the fireworks had finished. i waited a while then left when the bus was due out i'm glad i went as wondered when they were leaving. the tugs were there and thought they would be leaving any minute. never mind it was still worth it, shame i could not have got some daylight pictures but work comes 1st. our receptiist is still sick so might be there the rest of the week. i thought i saw the arcadia there, i wondered what happened.

all the best

dave

Archived