VISA OBC Question

tiredmom

I've read several threads in the past few days about the Visa OBC and decided to call last night to see if it could be applied to my Jan. 2nd Sky cruise. I didn't know about the offer when I booked in late Nov. Anyway, after a lengthy amount of time on the phone I was told I couldn't have it because I didn't ask for it specifically at the time I booked and paid for the cruise. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience OR if anyone has had the opposite experience and gotten the OBC when requested after final payment had been made. Thanks for any help. I know it's not that much ($50), but every little bit helps these days!!

Usually promotional offerings have to be applied at TIME OF BOOKING.

You might think about cancelling, and then re booking. Their system might catch it, might not. But if you do a different cruise/date you would be covered.

I've read several threads in the past few days about the Visa OBC and decided to call last night to see if it could be applied to my Jan. 2nd Sky cruise. I didn't know about the offer when I booked in late Nov. Anyway, after a lengthy amount of time on the phone I was told I couldn't have it because I didn't ask for it specifically at the time I booked and paid for the cruise. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience OR if anyone has had the opposite experience and gotten the OBC when requested after final payment had been made. Thanks for any help. I know it's not that much ($50), but every little bit helps these days!!

I got it applied 7 MONTHS after booking ! :eek: NCL is no different then Carnival or Royal Caribbean in this respect. It all depends on who answers the Telephone when you call them. If it were me, I would call them back and try again.. Chances are slim of getting the same person you spoke with before..Being that you are so close to sailing date they may use that as their reason not to give it to you , but I would talk to a supervisor before I took "NO" as the final answer. Good Luck..:)

I got it applied 7 MONTHS after booking ! :eek: NCL is no different then Carnival or Royal Caribbean in this respect. It all depends on who answers the Telephone when you call them. If it were me, I would call them back and try again.. Chances are slim of getting the same person you spoke with before..Being that you are so close to sailing date they may use that as their reason not to give it to you , but I would talk to a supervisor before I took "NO" as the final answer. Good Luck..:)

Booked 7 months ago, but when did you pay for it all?

I had paid in full but upgraded from an inside to a balcony ( and paid the difference) & lost my previous onboard credits but then they gave me the new promo going on. After reading these boards I saw that some had combined the NCL promo with the visa so I phoned back & they gave me the visa promo as well. I was later told it was a mistake but that they would honor it anyways. But I find you get different answers to your questions everytime you call, so I would try again, you just never know.

I had paid in full but upgraded from an inside to a balcony ( and paid the difference) & lost my previous onboard credits but then they gave me the new promo going on. After reading these boards I saw that some had combined the NCL promo with the visa so I phoned back & they gave me the visa promo as well. I was later told it was a mistake but that they would honor it anyways. But I find you get different answers to your questions everytime you call, so I would try again, you just never know.

:mad: You know, this just burns my you know what! I did the exact same thing as you, I upgraded from an Obstructed O/S to a BA gave them almost $900.00 in doing so and not until I asked did she mention she was taking away my original booking OBC of 100.00 because of changing cabins. When I protested she said absolutley NO! So I called back and the next agent asked if I used Visa to book, I said yes, so she said she would give me a $100.00 credit to my Visa. I never heard of that before but I said okay that would do. Then I come to find out they were having a Visa promo and I was eligible for that anyway! Now I want my original booking OBC and my Visa OBC just for the principle! I called again yesterday and she gave me the number of customer service in Miami (passing the buck) and when I asked if they were open on weekends, she kind of stammered and said well I think so. I said what do you mean you think so, don't you know? She said well maybe not. Come on! I used to work in airline reservations for 12 years before transferring to the airport and we most certainly knew all the hours of operations. She just wanted to get rid of me. Of course when I called they weren't open until Monday. I got her name and I will be calling customer service but I don't expect to get much satisfaction from them either.

I wonder do they read these boards?!!!!

Archived