Why does it seem so hard to find out info on just beaches?

Donnask8pro

I would love to go to acapulco and just sit on a beach with a chair and maybe some lunch. Is there anything that is not like a 45 minute boat ride? I also have an 8 yr old son going who is a great swimmer, so that is not an issue

Thanks for any help possible.

Our favorite is in front of the Hyatt - you can walk (a few miles), take a bus with the locals, or get a cab for about $10-12 each way for an air conditioned cab from the pier. It's cheaper if you go outside the pier gates and get in a non-airconditioned cab - not sure what the price is. We stayed at this beach all day until the sun set - it was ~$10 to rent two chaises and an umbrella all day. We've also gone to La Roquetta, but that involves a cab ride and boat ride.

I would love to go to acapulco and just sit on a beach with a chair and maybe some lunch. Is there anything that is not like a 45 minute boat ride? I also have an 8 yr old son going who is a great swimmer, so that is not an issue

Thanks for any help possible.

Perhaps when you have lunch you can leave the port and walk to one?

The beach in front of the Hyatt is great - you can walk (a few miles), take a bus for a few pesos, or an airconditioned cab from the pier (!10-12) - it takes maybe 15 minutes in the traffic. If you go outside the gates of the pier you can get a non-airconditioned cab for less - not sure what the fair is. Chaise and umberella rentals are about $10 for the day. We stayed there all day until the sun set and loved it.

We've also gone to La Roquetta, but that involves a cab and boat ride.

The beach in front of the Hyatt is great - you can walk (a few miles), take a bus for a few pesos, or an airconditioned cab from the pier (!10-12) - it takes maybe 15 minutes in the traffic. If you go outside the gates of the pier you can get a non-airconditioned cab for less - not sure what the fair is. Chaise and umberella rentals are about $10 for the day. We stayed there all day until the sun set and loved it.

We've also gone to La Roquetta, but that involves a cab and boat ride.

I have been trying to get info on the best Hotel/resort to spend the day at in Acapulco as well. Thank you for the info on Hyatt. Can you buy drinks from there bar there? thanks you!

The Hyatt in Acapulco has been popular with cruise passengers, because it's one of the only hotels offering day passes. I don't like the hotel nor the beach there. It's been sold (the hotel) and will no longer be a Hyatt and will also undergo changes soon after the first of the year, so things may, or may not, be up in the air for a while afterwards.

Acapulco isn't like the newer resort areas because it's the oldest such beach resort in the country - and the terminal is located right in the heart of the historic center . . . and you can walk the waterfront and the "old town" easily and quickly from the ship terminal. It doesn't get more convenient than Acapulco.

There are beaches close to where the ships berth/dock - but, understandably, being inside a bay and near boats/ships, etc., means water quality will not be the best. That's why I don't recommend the closest beaches to the ships - Playa Tlacopanocha.

Acapulco is a very easy city to navigate with public transportation and getting to many beaches will cost you about the peso equivalent of US$5 in a taxi. Not per, person - but for up to 4 folks in a taxi.

You'll find ships crews at Playa Condesa, along with cruisers who've been to the city before - because it's a beach were high quality service is offered for an excellent price. For less than the peso equivalent of US$5 per day you can rent a palapa for up to 5 persons. Drinks and food are priced at US/CDN levels, so don't expect any cheap bargains with meals. The views are great there - as with most if not all other beaches in Acapulco.

Archived