Deck chair cover

Kaki

Somewhere while I was surfing the net I saw a slipcover for the back of a deck chair; it had pockets to hold lotion, paperback, sunglasses, etc. Now that I would like to have one, I can't find it:eek: Anyone know where I might find it again?

Somewhere while I was surfing the net I saw a slipcover for the back of a deck chair; it had pockets to hold lotion, paperback, sunglasses, etc. Now that I would like to have one, I can't find it:eek: Anyone know where I might find it again?

Goggle 'lounge chair cover'. There are quite a few out there. Be prepared for the chair hog police to show up here.

Goggle 'lounge chair cover'. There are quite a few out there. Be prepared for the chair hog police to show up here.

Chair hog police? Using a lounge chair cover does not signify a chair hog. Putting one on a chair and leaving it for hours, without an actual body on it, does.

Here's a link to one that I gave as a gift to some friends of mine who are frequent cruisers:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/improvements/792924178-terry-lounge-chair-cover.html

[Here's a link to one that I gave as a gift to some friends of mine who are frequent cruisers: http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/improvements/792924178-terry-lounge-chair-cover.html

Thank you, that is just what I was looking for:D

I don't like sitting on the chair without a towel and the towel always seems to fall off.

I have been on several cruises and have spent very little time on deck; usually no chairs by the time I get up. I decided to try getting up early to spend some time sitting in a chair in the sun just to see what it is like. lol.

Chair hog police? Using a lounge chair cover does not signify a chair hog. Putting one on a chair and leaving it for hours, without an actual body on it, does.

Here's a link to one that I gave as a gift to some friends of mine who are frequent cruisers:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/improvements/792924178-terry-lounge-chair-cover.html

While I can certainly see how it can be used responsibly, you probably know as well as I do that this could have turned into a chair hogging thread (seen it happen too many times :eek:). Glad it didn't. I wouldn't mind having one myself. So handy for everything. And thanks for the site you used. Hmmmm, may be a little late for Christmas, but I'm pretty sure I have a birthday coming up....

Although the chair cover looks like a good idea when in use, it looks like it would take up a whole lot of packing space and weight.

I just use the towels provided, two if they will let me have extra (I've rarely had a problem with that) and I take my pareo (sarong), it's much nicer to lay on than a terry towel and folds down to the size of almost nothing. I also use it as a cover up, an extra blanket in the cabin, I've used it at land resorts to carry laundry. You can fold it to carry all your essentials to the pool.

Although the chair cover looks like a good idea when in use, it looks like it would take up a whole lot of packing space and weight.

I just use the towels provided, two if they will let me have extra (I've rarely had a problem with that) and I take my pareo (sarong), it's much nicer to lay on than a terry towel and folds down to the size of almost nothing. I also use it as a cover up, an extra blanket in the cabin, I've used it at land resorts to carry laundry. You can fold it to carry all your essentials to the pool.

Good Idea! I have two of them (sarongs) from previous cruises!

Those sarongs are miraculously versatile pieces of fabric, aren't they? :) I did a cruise in French Polynesia (where they are called "pareo's) and they did a pareo tying workshop where we learned a number of creative ways to turn them into everything from swimsuit coverups to cocktail-length dresses to gowns! They are also very comfortable on a lounger - and then when you leave, you simply wrap it around yourself to make a cover-up. Perfecto!

My pareo is thin enough so that I can tie it to the lounge chair and I don't have terry cloth butt when I get up ;)

Other uses are: a towel if you have an emergency need, I've used mine to lay on the cabin bed after the pool, so I don't get sunscreen all over the coverlet, a sling, I've wrapped my wet hair up in it, I've tied it over a hammock to screen the sun out of my eyes. I've also folded it up and sat on it on our balcony chairs, so I don't have to have skin contact on the mesh. I've even taken it to the main show room and used it to wrap around my shoulders so I don't get cold, I've folded it into a pillow on a plane, or a blanket on a plane.

They wash out easy and dry in no time at all.

I found a couple of the lounge covers at Kohls over the summer and took them with me on both cruises this year. They were nice and soft and had the pocket on the side for sunscreen, etc. In the past I've just gotten two towels, but they tend to blow off when you're in the pool and these work great, especially on lounge chairs when you're OFF the ship (some of those you definitely want a towel that will cover the WHOLE chair).

We were lucky that we had booked our air last year early enough that we didn't have all the darn luggage fees, so taking up a little extra room in the suitcase wasn't a big deal (and they wrapped nicely around the bottles of rum we brought back home to prevent breakage.) This year depending on whether or not we can get flights on Southwest for our trips, we may have to leave them at home. However I do like the one that Leejnd4 posted the link to since it folds into a bag. I bought a nice towel that converts to a backpack in St. Maarten this year which is nice for carrying the essentials, but I don't think it will attach to the chair as nice as this one does.

FYI - I also carry my sarongs with me (one to match each swimsuit)...but I'm notorious for overpacking. Like I said - this year may have to be different unless we fly Southwest....I hate those darn luggage fees. Such a rip off!

Archived