GCT - Prague and the Blue Danube

CT Granny

I'll be leaving on the trip that starts on March 16th. Is anyone else on the River Aria leaving Budapest on this date?

I"m travelling with a friend. We are generally independent travellers who travel off season to avoid the heat and the crowds. We've been in Vienna before but the other stops are all new destinations for us. It will be our first river cruise.

Barbara from Connecticut

I'll be leaving on the trip that starts on March 16th. Is anyone else on the River Aria leaving Budapest on this date?

We've been in Vienna before but the other stops are all new destinations for us. It will be our first river cruise.

We did Prague and Vienna as part of a land trip last October (08). It was wonderful. My wife esp. enjoyed the Spanish Riding School in the Palace in Vienna. And the beer in Prague was the Best !

I cannot comment on the river cruise...hope you have a great time...but I would suggest that you try to get the Rick Steves DVD's of your stops. You can purchase them online or rent them thru Netflix. (I did the Netflix thing) He has a nice, hands-on presentation of many, many places in Europe.

My parents did the Old World Prague and the Blue Danube tour with GCT (don't think it was the Aria though) and loved it. It began in Prague with 3 days in a hotel, then Linz, Melk, Vienna (for 2 overnights), Bratislava, and ended in Budapest.

They absolutely LOVED Bratislava, even though they didn't think they would.

They adored this trip and recommend it to everyone!

I just received notice that the March 16th cruise is being switched to the "River Adagio". From what I can see, there are no differences except in name.

I am glad to hear all the 'good' reports from people who have been on previous or similar cruises.

Maybe after Christmas some shipmates will check in.

Barbara

Archived