Transportation questions from Crown Bay

AR_Magnolia

Calling all experienced St. Thomas visitors/residents!

My best friend and I will be boarding the Crown Princess on Jan 4, and we will be in St. Thomas on Jan. 8. We will be docking in Crown Bay.

We would like to do a little shopping--I guess the best place is downtown? We also want to stop at the USVI Bookstore to get a few souvenirs. (We both teach college classes, so this stop has the potential for great souvenirs.)

Neither of us have been to St. Thomas before. So what would be the best way for us to get to our destinations? (My friend cannot walk long distances, so walking very far is out of the picture.)

I appreciate any and all help you can give us!

Jana

Jana, the best thing would be for you to have a private driver who could meet you at Crown Bay, take you to the UVI Bookstore, wait for you to shop, (with a short tour of the University including the beautiful library and the incredible views from there!), and then drop you off in town. It'll be easy to get a cab from town back to the ship, but it might not be so easy to get to the University to shop and get transportation anywhere if there are just two of you.

Contact the Certified Tour Guide Association of the Virgin Islands via their website. They should be able to provide you with someone - I've seen quite a few of them using smaller vehicles, and they would be more likely to pick up the two of you. More than likely, though, they'll charge you the standard 2-hour tour price of $25 pp, though you won't be on a two-hour tour, and then a separate fee for the ride back to your ship.

Archived