Celebrity Constellation

bruexx

We usually cruise with Princess,but are considering a 10 day Carribean cruise with Celebrity in Mar/09,does anyone have an opinion about the difference,if any, between the 2 cruise lines?

Is Celebrity really as formal as I have been reading,when it comes to the dining room etc.?No freestyle dining in the dining room?

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks

I cannot make a comparison as I have not sailed Princess, BUT--no Free Style dining on Celebrity in the main DR. Main seating & late seating only and it does have a dress code policy--you can find it in the FAQ section of their web site.

Hope this helps.:D

We've sailed both Princess and Celebrity. Celebrity has 2 set dining times in the main dining room. There is an option of using the SS United States, the specialty restaurant, for reservations, and the topside dining where you make a reservation for more casual dining but limited menu but nice, plus a 'service charge'.

But I think you'll find the set dining acceptable. There will be a few formal nights depending on the length of cruise.

The Princess had a larger balcony room than Celebrity, but the Celebrity had a larger bathroom and shower - we had balcony for both.

Princess was very nice and good service, but my subjective opinion leaned toward Celebrity, especially on the M-Class. The Solarium T-Spa is to die for. I liked the common areas of the Cova Cafe, and the bars on the Celebrity more than the Princess. Just a little more intimate - the crews on both were very pleasent and helpful, but having sailed Celebrity more, they seemed more professional and personal.

I think Celebirity had more options for the buffet breakfast and lunch. I find a set dining time with a set steward to be a plus. He knew our preferences in wine, dining, and the little things and took care of them immediately. I drink a ton of water and he was there to top it off throughout - knew my dining perf's and made recommendations, and same with the wines. I realize freestyle dining seems to give you more flexibility, but for me, it just made it seem like a land restaurant. OK, but what's the point. The set dining let me talk with our tablemates more, and get to know them; a consistant waitstaff; we worked with the set time to dine and changed by using the specialty restaurant or the dining area topside. Just makea it 'feel' special instead of shorebased. Very subjective though.

Think about it.

Denny

We are going on the March 6 cruise to the Caribbean on the Constellation. We have cruised abot l6 times, l3 of which were with Celebrity and the Constellation is our favorite. The crew is phenomenol. There is no free style dining. We like to sit at the same table each night and be spoiled by the waiters. It is amazing how they remember what you like and dislike. Can't wait til the cruise. You will love the Constellation.

marlene marlenewendtch@sbcglobal.net

Archived