Electronic addicts (search is down)

oooohDonna

My great nephews are totally addicted to everything electronic. WII, Play Station, internet, etc. I just want to clarify, nothing can be played or hooked up in the cabins, can they? What about hooking up a portable DVD player to the TV, is that possible?

The only place for internet access is the designated area on the ship right?

They are going to FREAK out :D but hopefully they will see there are other ways to entertain themselves.

My great nephews are totally addicted to everything electronic. WII, Play Station, internet, etc. I just want to clarify, nothing can be played or hooked up in the cabins, can they? What about hooking up a portable DVD player to the TV, is that possible?

The only place for internet access is the designated area on the ship right?

They are going to FREAK out :D but hopefully they will see there are other ways to entertain themselves.

First don't take this as a slam or a flame, I don't mean it that way.

I'm not sure what answer you want to hear, but if you are taking them on a cruise for them to play video games save the money and leave them at home.

Now, depending on the ship you can hook things up to TVs, but the TVs are tiny (at least as far as what is needed for video games). Some ships have wireless Internet throughout the ship, others only in the Internet cafe. Costs is $100 for 250 minutes so if they think that they are going to play Internet games it is going to cost a fortune.

Maybe the best thing is for them to freak out. I think that too many young people spend too much time socializing with a screen instead of real people and don't develop the right people skills. (Mine included) I have found that on the ship they actually get out and meet some kids and end up having a good time.

So, now that I have ranted, I will step off the soapbox and suggest that you just tell them that they cannot bring that stuff on board and let it go at that.

First don't take this as a slam or a flame, I don't mean it that way.

I'm not sure what answer you want to hear, but if you are taking them on a cruise for them to play video games save the money and leave them at home.

Now, depending on the ship you can hook things up to TVs, but the TVs are tiny (at least as far as what is needed for video games). Some ships have wireless Internet throughout the ship, others only in the Internet cafe. Costs is $100 for 250 minutes so if they think that they are going to play Internet games it is going to cost a fortune.

Maybe the best thing is for them to freak out. I think that too many young people spend too much time socializing with a screen instead of real people and don't develop the right people skills. (Mine included) I have found that on the ship they actually get out and meet some kids and end up having a good time.

So, now that I have ranted, I will step off the soapbox and suggest that you just tell them that they cannot bring that stuff on board and let it go at that.

No offense taken. They are my great nephews and I'm tagging along with my sister, to keep her company :D I'm not in charge :D

We will be on the Glory. I was asking so I could inform their dad, my nephew, if it was possible to do anything on the TV's in cabin or if internet access in the cabin.

They could play at bedtime if they were allowed on the TV. I think they are WAY to INTO this stuff too, but wanted them to be prepared.

No offense taken. They are my great nephews and I'm tagging along with my sister, to keep her company :D I'm not in charge :D

We will be on the Glory. I was asking so I could inform their dad, my nephew, if it was possible to do anything on the TV's in cabin or if internet access in the cabin.

They could play at bedtime if they were allowed on the TV. I think they are WAY to INTO this stuff too, but wanted them to be prepared.

The internet sucks!!:mad: It's SLOW and expensive, took us 20 minutes to send one email at a cost of $19.00 (75 cents/minute + $3.95 setup fee)

Hello, my name is Jay, and I'm a Videoholic. I spend way too much time in front of a TV or monitor. It's just my opinion, but, a weeks worth of "actual reality", without TV,computer, etc. truly makes me appreciate my "toys" when I get back home. And I realize life does go on if I miss my favorite show or online site. Think of it as test of their own self worth, being able to deal with the fresh air, new places, new people, and, yes, gorgeous people to ogle at! I wish you well!;)

Ummmm... 14 & 15 yo boys & a spring break cruise!? There will be plenty of girls onboard & I guarantee they will not miss their electronics! LOL! :D My 15 yo son will attest to this fact. (Plus, the teen club has a video game system if they do become desperate!)

Ummmm... 14 & 15 yo boys & a spring break cruise!? There will be plenty of girls onboard & I guarantee they will not miss their electronics! LOL! :D My 15 yo son will attest to this fact. (Plus, the teen club has a video game system if they do become desperate!)

I have to agree, my son and I do a boys week away every summer, (DW and DD do the girls thingy), and I only see him when we go off the ship and at dinner. He is a bit older (20), but it has been that way since he and I started our thing when he was 17.

Archived