Millenium or Radiance for Alaska?

boulders

I am having a hard time deciding between Celebrity's Millenium or RCCL's Radiance for an Alaskan cruise this summer. There is me, mom mid-40's, ds13, dd10 and ds3. We have previously sailed on RCCL. I have had a couple of bad experiences with service issues on RCCL. My first cruise was on the Radiance, which I loved, but RCCL couldn't find my luggage for the entire 7 day cruise. :eek: I haven't been on any other cruise line.

How is Celebrity with kids activities, service and dining compared to RCCL? Is there a video arcade on the ship? It's one of ds13's favorite features of RCCL. :p

TIA

On an Alaskan cruise I would imagine the kids will be actually seeing the sights, more than being in the kid's programs---it's a totally different "cruise experience" than a Caribbean trip.

I'm sure you are right. I'm just trying to figure out whether there will be enough for the kids and myself to do at the times we will not be on shore excursions. I have been disappointed in RCCL's service in the past and would be willing to take a smaller stateroom in return for improved service. At the same time, I don't want to give up the amenities found on RCCL's ships.

I have sailed on both Millenium (twice) and Radiance of the Seas. Hands down I would go with Millenium. In Alaska you really want to view the scenery. The Millenium is fantastic for this.

The youth program is far superior on Millenium that on Radiance. I really just enjoyed Millenium so much more in every respect.

We have sailed on the Radiance and though it is a very nice ship we found the service and overall experience to be lacking compared to other lines we have been on. Only been on X once (Mercury) and it was definitely a step up in service over our Radiance OTS experience. I would definitely go with Millennium if choosing between those two unless the Radiance had a far superior itinerary or was significantly less expensive for the same accommodations.

Celebrity has a very nice children's program. They also have good service. You will find fewer children on an Alaskan Cruise than say a cruise of the Caribbean but there will be enough to keep everyone happy.

I would recommend trying Celebrity and since they have now been cruising Alaska for many years now I would go with them.

Keith

Archived