Orlando Outlet Shopping?

riderfan89

DH and I will be in Orlando the day before our Glory cruise in January. Does anyone have any suggestions for good outlet malls in the Orlando area? Preferably close to the airport?

My favourite is the Orlando Premium Outlet ---just google that term and you will find their website. It is located just a few minutes from Disney World. You would see it to the left as you travel down the I-4 westbound (toward Tampa) as you approach the Lake Buena Vista exit. Just take that exit, turn left and then left again at the traffic lights on the other side of the underpass.

It would be about a half hour drive from the airport but you won't find much any closer.

there are a lot of outlet stores and not too hard to get to from the airport.

Take the toll road out of the airport and head west to Universal Blvd exit. When you get off turn right and follow the road till you get to International drive (this is the main tourist road) and then turn right. Take International all the way to the outlets (that's where the road ends). There is also a mall there called Festival Bay Mall which has a Ron Jons inside and many other shops as well.

If you are there at dinner time you might want to try Texas de Brazil. It is an all you can eat meat buffett (kinda) Look at their website. It is pricey but well worth it. My favorite is the bacon wrapped filet:D

Hope this helps, any other questions just email me.:)

There are 3 outlet malls in the Orlando area and all are in the "Attractions" area.

The newest and largest is PRIME OUTLETS INTERNATIONAL, located at the far north end of International Drive, basically near the junction of Florida's Turnpike and I-4. This is the site of the old Belz Outlet World, but that was torn down and this new center is pretty impressive. This is the one described by Ashtyn above. Get a free discount coupon booklet at the Information building.

The other large outlet center and perhaps a bit ritzier than Prime is ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS, located in Lake Buena Vista across from Disney World near the junction of I-4 and SR 535. There are more European designer outlets in this center. The information kiosk located in the food court has a discount booklet for $5 how you can get it for free by signing up at the outlet website or by showing an AAA/CAA card.

The smallest of the three outlet centers is called LAKE BUENA VISTA OUTLETS and this is about 2 miles north of Orlando Premium Outlets along SR 535. Unfourtunately there is very little here that can't also be found in the other two venues. Discount coupon sheet available at the cash register inside the Disney Outlet store.

You really need a rental car to get to these places. A taxi works but your taxi costs will eat up anything you saved. And don't forget that if you buy a lot, you've got to haul it onto the ship with you and back off.

BobK/Orlando

The larger outlet malls are on the SW side of Orlando. The airport in on the SE. IMHO it would not be worth the drive. There are regular malls on Hwy 50 and some stores on SR436.

We're not talking about LA or NY here! From the airport to Lake Buena Vista is only 20 minutes or so! That's where one big outlet is. And that's after you pass International Drive, where another is located. All are easily accessible from the airport. Happy Shopping!

Archived