Radiance vs Millenium

boulders

I'm booked on the Radiance for this coming June. I saw that the Celebrity Millennium has the same itinerary but different dates, so now I'm thinking of switching. I've sailed on Radiance before and thought that the glass exterior would be fabulous on an Alaskan cruise. But I'm very much tempted by Celebrity's more restrictive smoking policy and their reputation for better service. I haven't sailed on Celebrity before and have never been to Alaska.

How do Radiance and Millenium compare with respect to glacier viewing and the overall Alaska experience?

We have never been on the Radiance, but have been to Alaska twice, once on the Sun Princess, 2006 and this past September we were on the Millennium for 14 days ( Vancouver to San Diego - via Alaska). Both my DH and i prefer the Millennium to Princess. the service was better, although not bad on princess, we just felt that Celebrity is a better fit for us. I would not hesitate to sail on her again any time, she is a great ship. I think that she is going into dry dock early in 2009. Not sure what is being done, though.

Overall, the food on Celebrity was just a notch above, IMHO, and in Alaska, when we got back from shore, we were greeted with hot chocolate and cookies, yum. The rooms are a bit smaller than princess, but the bathrooms were a little bigger ( you could turn around in the shower).

I wish i could give you some input on the Radiance, but can only speak for Celebrity and the Millennium

Whichever you do choose, Alaska is an amazing place! and you will have a fantastic cruise.

Melody;)

We have sailed on both the Radiance and the Millenium, although not to Alaska, so I can't speak to glacier viewing and the Alaska experience.

Both trips were to the Caribbean. If I had to choose based on a Caribbean trip, I would pick the Radiance. We were in our early forties when we went on the Millenium and the average age must have been at least 25 yrs older than ourselves. It was a very quiet atmosphere.

I don't really think that matters in Alaska.

We found the food to be very similar on both ships. Level of service - Millenium a tiny notch above the Radiance.

The glass exterior on the Radiance would be great in Alaska but the Millenium is also a beautiful ship.

If the more restrictive smoking policy is important, then I would lean towards the Millenium.

I hope this helps a little. I know that if I were choosing for Alaska, this would be a tough choice.

Lori

I am leaning towards the Millie as it is going into drydock in May. I still sometiems smoke after dinner but I thouht I like ship and service better. really tough to decide.

I did Princess in Alaska and had a good cabin, good food and enjoyed the ship. Found people go to bed earlier here due to the early mornings.

Archived