should I try to upgrade?

applequeen

Hubby and I are booked in a standard oceanview room on the Majesty (the 108 sq ft rooms) for this Sat (27th).

I'm sure the cruise is pretty full but do you think I might stand a chance of getting a bigger room at this point (with a window.. obstructed view or otherwise) ?

This is our first cruise so we don't have any NCL repeat customer benefits or anything like that.

Part of me thinks I ought to just call and ask but I thought some of you lovely people may have some tricks for the best way to ask. :)

How bad are the 108 sq ft rooms? I think we'll be OK but I'm worried about storage since it's a 7 night cruise we can only pack so little. We currently have asked to have the beds pushed together but I guess if it's too bad we could ask to have them seperated.

Hubby and I are booked in a standard oceanview room on the Majesty (the 108 sq ft rooms) for this Sat (27th).

I'm sure the cruise is pretty full but do you think I might stand a chance of getting a bigger room at this point (with a window.. obstructed view or otherwise) ?

This is our first cruise so we don't have any NCL repeat customer benefits or anything like that.

Part of me thinks I ought to just call and ask but I thought some of you lovely people may have some tricks for the best way to ask. :)

How bad are the 108 sq ft rooms? I think we'll be OK but I'm worried about storage since it's a 7 night cruise we can only pack so little. We currently have asked to have the beds pushed together but I guess if it's too bad we could ask to have them seperated.

If its this Saturday Id call today and ask . Play it up bit , ask for the next size up and say its a special ocassion and if theres any bargin pricing going on this close to sail date cause you'd really love to surprise your Hubby.... You KNOW , be girl :D

The NCL doesn't show any availability, but that might mean it's too close to the cruise date to bring it up on the Net. Why don't you call NCL or your TA and see what they say? It never hurts to ask.

As for storage, there are usually lots of nooks and crannys for your personal belongings. For one thing, put your luggage under the beds. (It's the first thing I learned when taking my first cruise.) And bring an over the door shoe pocket holder. Not necessarily for the shoes, but all the other little things that tend to accumulate - meds, Freestyle Daily, make-up, etc.

Just remember, relax and have fun!

Just called... no luck :mad: But that's OK... I'm sure we'll be fine. We're not going on vacation to spend much time inside our cabin... we're not picky people and we tend to be vacation bargin hunters so I'm sure it won't be a problem for us to "make do" with the cabin we have. :) As long as it's taking me somewhere warmer than here I have no reason to complain.

I gotta remember to pick up the shoe holder... I keep forgetting.

Are there plenty of hangers in the closet or should I bring some?

Archived