parking near the San Diego cruise terminal

prshaker

Hello one and all from the Great White north (Canadian Prairies to be more precise) My wife and I will be driving down to San Diego to catch a HAL cruise to Mexico in Jan 09.

I have seen via the Google maps etc and have read online posts that refer in general terms to nearby parking. However I am looking for specifics...that being must I reserve a spot at one of the across the street parking lots in advance, or is it just drive up take a ticket and pay upon your return?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello one and all from the Great White north (Canadian Prairies to be more precise) My wife and I will be driving down to San Diego to catch a HAL cruise to Mexico in Jan 09.

I have seen via the Google maps etc and have read online posts that refer in general terms to nearby parking. However I am looking for specifics...that being must I reserve a spot at one of the across the street parking lots in advance, or is it just drive up take a ticket and pay upon your return?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, there is parking right across the street, no reservations required, and it's $15/day which you pay when exiting, it's extremely convenient. There are some pics of the area in the Elation pics in my signature.

If you are driving down the night before and want an inexpensive hotel that will also give you free parking for your cruise and a free shuttle to the pier, I would recommend the Best Western Seven Seas in Mission Valley.

The lot across from the cruise ship terminal (Lane Field, which will probably only be available for another year or so until it is developed) is one of the most expensive, and has no cover or attendant on duty 24/7.

Here is the information from the Port Authority, but they only list about half the lots available (the more expensive ones).

The link above, more directly, is here: http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm#SDA

I use Mission Brewery when I fly (about once or twice a month) and have found their prices the best, and excellent service for less than half the Lane Field price. It is even easier to find from the freeway. Although it is not covered, there is an attendant there 24/7.

You can also find parking information here:

http://www.sandiegocruiseport.com/san-diego-cruise-tips.html

Hello,

We have used San Diego Airport Parking Company (www.sdap.net) or 619-574-1177. Very competitive rates, secure lighted parking, and very nice people. Their shuttle will take you to the cruise terminal and pick you up after your cruise. They charge $8.00 a day or so which is much cheaper than some other parking operators in the San Diego airport/harbor area.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Fredr, I used to use them, but much prefer Mission Brewery now. The location you recommend is difficult to find even for those who know San Diego, and further from the freeway port and airport, not as well lighted, and I have not always had the best service. For example, the shuttle usually drops you at the office and you have to walk to your car from there, and the office is up a set of stairs. You must pay there instead of at an exit booth, which I find easier and safer (as a single woman traveling alone). With the coupon, Mission Brewery is currently $7/day as well.

Archived