Sail & Sign bill question for drinkers!!!

wendic

I know there is a thread already going for bill questions but I'm starting a new one!! My hubby and I are going on the Paradise on Jan 9th, 2008. Three night to Ensenada for my 40th birthday with 30 other people!! We are pretty big drinkers, beer and also Vodka drinks. I just kinda wanted to find another couple who have done this cruise and are comparable drinkers to see if I could get a ball park idea of our ending bill. I don't do the fancy drinks, maybe there is are some good tips for us out there!! We have $1000 saved. Thanks for any input!!!!:D

I haven't done that cruise... but I fit in the pretty big drinker category, LOL... my bill is usually somewhere between $600-$1000 for me, and that's with having a pretty stocked bar in the cabin ;).. but that is also usually a 7 day cruise. So $1000 for 2 on a 3 day should be fine... good luck and have fun!!

I can drink on occasion... I usually try to budget $100pp per day for (mostly) drinks, including wine at dinner. Hope that helps - but a big part of the equation is what kind of Beer/vodka are you drinking... as on land, Grey Goose is going to cost more than Absolute. (and I bring my own, too...)

We were on the 4-day Paradise in September and our final bill was about $660, which included all the drinks we wanted all day (we don't smuggle), a few pictures, and maybe $100 worth of stuff in the stores. We both drink vodka and DH drinks some beer and cognac, etc. We bought only 1 bottle of wine in the dining room this time since we brought 2 with us and got one from Carnival from a 45-day letter. This was our cheapest bar bill, not sure why, because we drank all day every day, but only simple drinks, not the foo-foo drinks. You should be fine with $1000 for 3 days and drinking just about anything you want.

WOW, what quick responses! You guys are great, thanks for the info. I think I'm on track, I will post when we get back!!
Just returned from the Freedom six day, and our bill was $761.00, and MOST of that was beer and liquor... :eek::p

You can figure about $60 for 10 drinks as they are about $6 each.....So that should be about $120 to $150 a day for both.........Unless you are planning on buying drinks for other people or having a REALLY good time............Dennis

I'm a big spender on the ship., My S&S is usually over $1200. I limit myself to two or three drinks a day and that is all. Now, I can't gurantee that at the past passenger party--free drinks! I recommend the Melon Ball, very tasty....

I spend less than $20 a day on drinks, but don't hesitate to spend $500+ on one or two trips to the spa......

You can get the "Drink-of-the-Day" (DOD) in a regular glass so you don't have to pay for the souvineer glass. If you do get the souvineer glasss, tell them "refill" the next time so they don't charge you for another one. Also, if you had a DOD one day that you liked, you can ask for it again the next day - be sure to bring the souvineer cup back from your cabin if you want to use that one.

I've only done 7 day'ers but i can put in my $.02. our bills at the end have ranged from $900-$1500 for the 2 of us. we have been known to start "tippin back" some drinks starting at 9 am and usually include a couple pretty expensive bottles of champaign. Also, this includes tips, photos and any other misc things we buy on board.

So, id say your $1000 will likely leave you some "spa" time too maybe :)

Have a good trip!

I travel solo and once I've tipped a few back I'm pretty bad about buying drinks for everyone in sight. I've often come home telling people that my "bar bill" was more than my actual cruise... and I pay 150% for my cruise to go solo!

So this brings the real question... where are all of you on my cruises??? Sounds like a fun group!!!

Happy Cruising!

~Tammy :)

You can get the "Drink-of-the-Day" (DOD) in a regular glass so you don't have to pay for the souvineer glass. If you do get the souvineer glasss, tell them "refill" the next time so they don't charge you for another one. Also, if you had a DOD one day that you liked, you can ask for it again the next day - be sure to bring the souvineer cup back from your cabin if you want to use that one.

Thanks for that info, I did not know that.:)

OK, I'm a pop-aholic (soda card, I know) but my husband tips a number of beers everyday. What's the average Coors/Bud/Millers run on board?:o

This is our first trip, and I'm not sure I want the headache of "smuggling" on a few bottles of beer, and not sure a few bottles of beer would make a difference in the overall scheme (well, compared to a few bottles of vodka, which neither of us would drink!);)

OK, I'm a pop-aholic (soda card, I know) but my husband tips a number of beers everyday. What's the average Coors/Bud/Millers run on board?:o

This is our first trip, and I'm not sure I want the headache of "smuggling" on a few bottles of beer, and not sure a few bottles of beer would make a difference in the overall scheme (well, compared to a few bottles of vodka, which neither of us would drink!);)

Being a beer drinker I found you can save a few bucks by buying a "bucket" of beer instead of singles. It's a plastic bucket filled with 5? beers and ice. You can take it back to your cabin, sit on the balcony, and watch the world go by. Or you can lounge by the pool, bake in the sun, and listen to the band all with a cold beer at the ready. Ahh, how many more days til I sail?

I also read that if your will drink the Fosters, it is a big can....twice as much for just a little more....may have to try Fosters....in a bucket...Hello...My name is Michael...I am a wanna/gonna be alcahoholic...*burp*

Archived