Stop What You're Doing!

mrtractor

Norwegian doesn't cruise to or from the mainland, remember?

It'll be a while before he can fly. We just don't know how long.

Thanks for sending the card. We'll be talking every day. I'll let you know when he gets it!!!

MrTractor<-----thinks it'll be at least a week before he leaves the hospital..........

Hey Jerry,

Just surfing around this morning and just now saw this string.

To Steve and Avis - more prayers coming your way from eastern North Carolina.

Debbie & Joey

I want to add our prayers for both families...and I am sure many others who have had unexpected health problems during Christmas. We had a houseful for the last week and the last ones (our youngest daughter and her DH) just left this morning, so I missed the earlier postings.

Hi Sarah! We had a lovely Christmas. The only thing missing was our baby girl (now 22 and living in Charlotte, NC). Thanks for thinking of us and for the quick prayer for Steve. He's doing as well as could be expected. I suppose that we'll know how well in the near future.

I'm not gonna ask you if you had snow for Christmas!

MrTractor<------the only kind of white powder he likes is warm sand!.......:cool:..............

How are you doing today? Glad your Christmas was a good one.

Prayers still going out for Steve, his family, and the medical personnel at the hospital.

Had candles lit at church this morning, praying for good intentions and a speedy recovery for both Steve and Avis.

Jerry, do you and Barb ever get down here to Charlotte? If so would love to meet for lunch or dinner. We are often in touch with some of the other "groundhogs" from our Pearl cruise.

Diane and Art

Had candles lit at church this morning, praying for good intentions and a speedy recovery for both Steve and Avis.

Jerry, do you and Barb ever get down here to Charlotte? If so would love to meet for lunch or dinner. We are often in touch with some of the other "groundhogs" from our Pearl cruise.

Diane and Art

Thanks so much Diane and Art, I appreciate that so very much. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I hope Steve is doing better and resting comfortable tonight and pray for strength for his family............Patricia

Jerry & Barb,

We've had Steve & his surgical team in our prayers since Bob & Fran sent us an email on the 23rd letting us know what was happening. Glad to hear it is going better, but will keep the prayers going for a good recovery and strength for he, Michelle and their daughter.

We will also add Avis to our prayer list. It is amazing what a prayer chain can do, keep them coming fellow CC friends!

Kim

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I've had company.

I've talked to Steve everyday. He's still in the hospital, but now he says he wants to get up and leave!

Man! All those prayers are powerful stuff!

He'll be in the hospital a little longer and then in a hotel or something until he can get well enough to fly back.

Today, a friend we met on the cruise stopped by and brought fresh flowers and fresh doughnuts. You guys know him as Spleen93. I know him as "the angel of Oahu." He's a real Godsend!!! Thanks Spleen! If you see him on the boards anywhere, thank him again for me!

If there are any more developments, I'll try to post them. And I'll continue sending prayers out to Avis and all others in need.

Diane, our daughter lives in Charlotte and we may be visiting there very soon. Very soon! Do you have my email address? I hate to post it here, but you can get it from snorkelin'barb.

MrTractor........thinks the best thing about cruising is the people you meet.........

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I've had company.

I've talked to Steve everyday. He's still in the hospital, but now he says he wants to get up and leave!

Man! All those prayers are powerful stuff!

He'll be in the hospital a little longer and then in a hotel or something until he can get well enough to fly back.

Today, a friend we met on the cruise stopped by and brought fresh flowers and fresh doughnuts. You guys know him as Spleen93. I know him as "the angel of Oahu." He's a real Godsend!!! Thanks Spleen! If you see him on the boards anywhere, thank him again for me!

If there are any more developments, I'll try to post them. And I'll continue sending prayers out to Avis and all others in need.

Diane, our daughter lives in Charlotte and we may be visiting there very soon. Very soon! Do you have my email address? I hate to post it here, but you can get it from snorkelin'barb.

MrTractor........thinks the best thing about cruising is the people you meet.........

Thanks Mr. T, I really appreciate that. Avis is getting so much weaker.

I'm so glad that Steve is improving each day...............Patricia

Steve is officially out of the hospital and staying in a hotel near Waikiki beach. He can stand and lay down, but it's pretty uncomfortable for him to sit until the staples he has running down the inside of his legs are removed. That should be early next week if all goes well. Then if he is healed up and the risk of more blood clots is sufficiently diminished, he may be able to fly home by the end of next week or early the week after.

Looks like things are going in the right direction. Thanks everyone and God bless you all.

We haven't heard anything on Avis lately. We're all praying the news will be good.

MrTractor<-------doesn't think there is a limit to the healing power of prayer.........:)........

Sending continued healing prayers for Steve and a powerful prayer for Avis from NC.

Jerry, I'll call Barb today. Her computer is out for repair right now. She may not be able to retrive your email address without it. I'll let you know. What part of town does your dear daughter live in? We are south of Charlotte. I would love to see you and Barb.

Diane

Ya better hurry, Diane. We'll be there this weekend! I told you it would be soon, didn't I? We'll also have our daughter and possibly our son in law with us. The daughter that lives in Charlotte will be working much of the time, so we'll be touring the area during the day. We'd love to have some advice from the locals!

I'd put my email address here, but that hasn't worked out so well in the past. I'll send an email to Barb, too, with my cell phone number. I think Lindsay lives on the south side of town, too, but I'm not sure since we've never been there!

MrTractor<----------just puts in the address on his GPS and drives.........:o.........

Mr. Tractor,

Just create a new email address that you'll never use again and post it here. Get the info you need and then just don't bother to check it again. I've done that a couple of times and it works well.

ee

P.S. - Although I've not previously been posting on this thread, I have said some prayers for healing, strength and comfort...for those who are ill and for those who watch and wait and worry. I hope the improvements continue.

Jerry, have not been able to get ahold of Barb. Tell me what day you might be available for lunch or dinner and I will make a reservation and we can meet. I would select a place that is easy to find including the address for your gps system. Don't know how long you will be visiting. Supposed to be in the 60's the next three days.

Diane and Art

My thoughts and prayers go to Steve and his family. As well I pray that the good Lord guides the hands of the surgeons and medical staff to enable a successful result to the surgery.

Our prayers from Boonton, New Jersey....May all go well for him! Amen

Archived