taxi time from westerdam FLL to Miami airport?

we are hoping to do self-debarkation and then hop in a taxi to miami airport for a 12:20pm flight (only one available with frequent flyer miles).

How long does a typical taxi ride take? Cost?

Depending on traffic about its about 1-1.5 hours to Miami airport from Port Everglades - Cost is about $80.

You might want to ask the front desk or tour co-ordinator on the ship about bus transport to Miami airport from the cruise terminal. I know HAL offered it a couple of years ago for debarking passengers -- the cost for two was less than a taxi would have been. Also, they gave priority debarkation for passengers who bought the transfer service to assure timely arrival.

If you have a 12:20 flight take your own taxi-about 45 minutes.If you take a shuttle or van-they wait for them to fill up and then they drop people at the terminals in order.

We did it taht way once and it took us 30 minutes at least longer than our own taxi.You need time to check in and hope for no security problems.etc.I wouldn't chance it.

We have taken our own taxi 3 times and much better although a bit more expensive.Worth it in my opinion.Who wants stress after a great cruise?

We recently returned to Port Everglades and had an 11:20am flight out of Miami. We contacted one of the shuttle services and they couldn't quarantee they would get us there on time, so I contacted Thrifty Car rental. We left the ship and the Thrifty shuttle (Port Everglades office, not the one at the airport) was waiting for us at the curb. We were on our way to Miami in less than 15 minutes, stopped for gallon of gas, found the rental car return and took their shuttle to the terminal and made the flight with plenty of time to spare. By using the Orlando Magic code, we paid $32. This worked because the ship was on time and we were among the first to leave the ship. This is not an option if you have a lot of luggage!

Archived