A question for TA's...I'm worried!

muladybug

Same over here:)

Strange, I am from Sweden and booked and payed directly from RCI's webpage. I wasn't redirected to a TA. I was quoted in the Swedish currency instead of $ but that was it.

I know that we are "discriminated" with higher prices in Europe than USA for the same cruise and other restrictions regarding nextcruise and onboard credit etc. but not that some regions aren't allowed to book directly on their webpage. :confused:

Next cruise I will get my friends in FL to book for me, with my credit card number and all just to get the lower price, its really strange that the same cruise/cabin costs more if you book it from Sweden instead from the US.

Strange, I am from Sweden and booked and payed directly from RCI's webpage. I wasn't redirected to a TA. I was quoted in the Swedish currency instead of $ but that was it.

I know that we are "discriminated" with higher prices in Europe than USA for the same cruise and other restrictions regarding nextcruise and onboard credit etc. but not that some regions aren't allowed to book directly on their webpage. :confused:

Next cruise I will get my friends in FL to book for me, with my credit card number and all just to get the lower price, its really strange that the same cruise/cabin costs more if you book it from Sweden instead from the US.

Every country, even within the EU has their own laws and regulations about this and yes I know some European countries can book online directly with RCCL, but germany is not one of them.

I book in the US for some years now anyway to get the better deals and am fine with using a TA, just wanted to make all those that condemn TA´s aware of the fact that not everybody can simply pick up the phone and bool directly.

There isn't a TA anywhere that is more available 24/7 than RCCL direct. Fact!

Peter

I can get ahold of my T/A 24/7 even if he's on a Cruise!

I booked a cruise through my T/A and had a delayed flight due to mechanical problems, booked on that same plane were passengers that booked directly with RC.

My T/A found me a new flight to get on( with just a phone call to him), while the others that booked with RC, could not reach RC and had to wait for the delayed flight! The pax that booked with RC, never received their luggage for the cruise! That is a FACT!

I can get ahold of my T/A 24/7 even if he's on a Cruise!

I booked a cruise through my T/A and had a delayed flight due to mechanical problems, booked on that same plane were passengers that booked directly with RC.

My T/A found me a new flight to get on( with just a phone call to him), while the others that booked with RC, could not reach RC and had to wait for the delayed flight! The pax that booked with RC, never received their luggage for the cruise! That is a FACT!

Quite a few generalizations in your "story". Most who book direct with RCCL book airfare themselves. They would've all been able to do what you did using a laptop or direct call to airline. So I doubt that all pax that booked direct had to sail without their luggage. Or maybe you were somehow able to identify them all in the first place and then follow up with them when they reached the ship?? So, probably not fact!!!

And I would guess that he/she's not available literally 24/7. Maybe close to it but not 24/7.

Peter

Quite a few generalizations in your "story". Most who book direct with RCCL book airfare themselves. They would've all been able to do what you did using a laptop or direct call to airline. So I doubt that all pax that booked direct had to sail without their luggage. Or maybe you were somehow able to identify them all in the first place and then follow up with them when they reached the ship?? So, probably not fact!!!

And I would guess that he/she's not available literally 24/7. Maybe close to it but not 24/7.

Peter

You can doubt all you want to! I was there. Everyone who was booked on the flight were talking about the situation. Everyone's luggage was already tagged for the mechanical problem plane and the airlines would not release it to fly on any other flight ( including our luggage).

We did meet up with the pax, while on the ship and found out about them not receiving their luggage! The total amount of pax on the original flight that were going on the same cruise out of SJ, were 14.

I own a few laptops and don't take them while I cruise, what does that have to do with reaching RC to rectify a PROBLEM, 24/7 like you stated?

My T/A did the leg work for me! No one was available to do the legwork for them! On another note, several of the 14 pax booked their airfare through RC!

There isn't a TA anywhere that is more available 24/7 than RCCL direct. Fact!

Peter

That's true. But when I did book direct I've had more things screwed up by poorly trained RCCL & C & A phone staff, been told entirely incorrect information that almost cost me $200 OBC on the ship, and received generally poor service when calling direct. My TA not only offers a lower price by offering me a perk RCCL can not or does not but she handles all of those situations professionally!

Do you think it's hard for a newbie to call RCl directly and book? They are very accomodating and will explain anything to you. It's no different then using a TA.Unfortunatly TA's are having to charge customers for changes and cancellations making them expensive for customers to use.

Very few TA's charge for changes, most of them are online agents

I will not deal with a TA that has an extra charge for changes or cancellation.

booking yourself on rcl or celebrity is more expensive because rcl will not offer obcs. A good ta with a large agency has 100x more influence with the cruise line if something does go wrong. Booking a cruise is a lot different that booking a hotel room. Each cruise line, ship, cabin, itineray, etc. Is different and most new cruisers have no idea where to start. All cruise lines recommend the use of tas because they want people to be happy and cruise again. It appears that there is a movement by the cruise lines to do away with their individual reservation departments, so i would suggest that you all find a good ta.

a m e n

Archived