farewell to DCL - for now

RB Bonzo

We've gone on 3 DCL cruises w/ our kids, and we loved all of them. But, the last one was several years ago, and the kids are older. We are planning what may be our last family cruise for next year, and they will be 18 & 16. We think that RCL ships are better suited for older teens, so that's what we decided to do.

So, we bid a fond farewell to DCL - for now.

On our last Disney Magic cruise, I met a gentleman who had taken his entire family (children, grandchildren, and I think one or two great-grandchildren) - 20 in all - on the ship. He told me that I should do the same some day.

That is something to look forward to.

We've gone on 3 DCL cruises w/ our kids, and we loved all of them. But, the last one was several years ago, and the kids are older. We are planning what may be our last family cruise for next year, and they will be 18 & 16. We think that RCL ships are better suited for older teens, so that's what we decided to do.

So, we bid a fond farewell to DCL - for now.

On our last Disney Magic cruise, I met a gentleman who had taken his entire family (children, grandchildren, and I think one or two great-grandchildren) - 20 in all - on the ship. He told me that I should do the same some day.

That is something to look forward to.

Sorry to see you go. My family and I just got off Disney. Our kids are Sr. High and College age. They love the Magic.

My college student says that she likes the feeling that Disney brings of being a little kid if she wants. But because of the variety onboard, she can also enjoy the evening adults only options.

She tells a great story of being in the Rockin Bar D after one on the comedians late night shows. The staff was morphing into the late night dance club and were offering jello shots if you came up and started dancing. She walked up to the entertainment staff and said, "Really these are jello shots." He laughed and said "well, they're jello and they're in shot cups so......" But he finished by saying they were non alcoholic. "Hey, after all we're Disney."

Archived