Ecstasy Main Deck Cabin - end of ship-Will this be noisy?

5KSnuts

The good news is that you will only have a room on one side of you.

That being said.....the only thing I can offer to this is that I went 4 years ago I was in E159 and then went this December and was in U162. I didn't think there would be that big of a difference in the two but there was. But when I went before we weren't in rough seas like this last one, anyway in room U162 I could feel more rocking of the ship, it wasn't too bad but the roaring of the engines in my pillow as I lay trying to fall asleep was a bother, I was wishing for ear plugs. But like I said the seas were rough we had high winds and waves and therefore the engines were working overtime. But I was a little seasick for a few days and I just wanted QUIET when I went to bed.

You also won't be by an elevator like I was....I would forget that they were there and I would hear the dinging of the elevator while in the bathroom and would think they were making an announcement only to open the door and NOTHING!!!!

I hope you have a good cruise....but take some ear plugs just in case!!!

disadvantage

1. 7 decks up to Lido

BUT.....the elevator isn't that far from their room and when they get on it all they have to do is hit the Lido button and they come out right at the Panaroma Grill, so the walk to the food is short.

Also when going to other things such as Wind Song Dining Room, Starlight Theater, Verandah Deck, etc. the walk is close. It is when you have to go to the Spa, Sapphire Lounge, gift shop, photo gallery, etc that the walk is alonger......BUT that is good coz you walk off the calories from the food you just ate :D

-I could put my in laws in that cabin! :D But, it's their first cruise, and they would probably appreciate being in the middle of the main deck, just in case we run in to rough seas. They are in cabin M102, and our more or less grown kids are next door in M106. I do think I'll appreciate the quick elevator ride up to the Panaroma Grill!!

• 3 years later...
Just found out we have been assigned M256 on Carnival Ecstasy. Looks like this is clear on one end of the deck. Just wondering if there are advantages/disadvantages to being at the end of the ship?? :confused:

How did you you like M256? I'm booked in that cabin for January and would like to know your opinion of it. I also have the option to go into a midship balcony room for the same price. Thanks!

Archived