Can we take a cooler with water off the ship?

lglaser600

We are going to Cozumel and I want to know if you can take cooler with bottled water off the ship? We would take nothing else. I know I cannot take food and I would not. It is just we are taking my Grandmother and I want to have enough for her to drink.

Thank you

What about cans of pop? We are planning on bringing a cooler (less than 12x12x12) and a case of water and case of pop to share between our two rooms. Will there be a problem carrying the cooler, pop, and water off the ship? I don't remember but do they check your bags and such as you get off or just when you get back on? Thanks for the info!

What about cans of pop? We are planning on bringing a cooler (less than 12x12x12) and a case of water and case of pop to share between our two rooms. Will there be a problem carrying the cooler, pop, and water off the ship? I don't remember but do they check your bags and such as you get off or just when you get back on? Thanks for the info!

Security only checks as you're getting back on so you should be OK.

Yes you can. We did on our last cruise. We loaded up our soft-sided wheeled cooler on the ship (cokes and waters from home) and took it in to Cozumel. We even took it inside Chankanaab and no one batted an eye. Of course, then we were stuck lugging it all over Cozumel while we did our other things in port, but still I think the hassle was worth it cos after we had a few beverages it became our "tote" bag and we put our dry goods in there.

Security only checks as you're getting back on so you should be OK.

We've always brought a soft side cooler (small personal size) with water in it. We have also bought a 12 pack of soda in local stores and no problem coming back on ship with it.

As far as locating a cooler in winter- I noted here Menards carries them.

Yes, you can, but don't try to lug too much! You can buy bottled drinks there...it's not like there will be NOTHING to drink in port! (Just avoid ice and anything "unbottled"!)

I used to take bottled water when we went into port but no more. It became nuts to lug all the gear + drinks. I still have to lug the gear, though greatly reduced over the years, and I buy bottled drinks.

Archived