3 to 4 Per Cabin on the Dawn

ieatchickens

I am looking into sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda and wanted to get some information/feedback on putting 3 or 4 in a cabin. Probably just go with an inside cabin to to $$$ constraints but will consider a oceanview cabin as well.

Is having 4 per cabin too crowded?

I cannot see pictures on NCL's web site where the extra bed so does anyone have a picture of the extra bed?

I am considering each of my teenagers bringing a friend which would push my party to 7 total.

Appreciate any response!

There are beds for 4 in each cabin on the Dawn, 2 regular beds, 1 bed that comes down from the wall and 1 bed that is under the regular bad that pops up. In an outside cabin, when the bed is popped up it is wall to wall beds. We have never had more than 2 in a room but we never spend too much time in the cabin so I don't think it would be that uncomfortable.

If you are planning on making reservations on a school break, I think you should book as soon as you are sure. Even though they have room for 4 in every room, they stop reservations after they reach maximum capacity for over 2 in a room.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

We had three in an inside cabin on the Dawn, and no problem at all. DD was little, so we just had the beds put three (with the trundle bed) across instead of two across. We'll be cruising NCL again in the fall, and putting 4 into our cabin, but it looks like we'll be on the Jewel this time instead.

I think who is in the room is as important as how many. For example I would rather share one room with my husband and two teenagers than with just my mother. Things seem to go smoother with DH and kids, like a well oiled machine.

These pictures of the room rearranged may be helpful.

http://community.webshots.com/album/558597829kgXIWy

As well as this thread from long ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=534121&highlight=

I am looking into sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda and wanted to get some information/feedback on putting 3 or 4 in a cabin. Probably just go with an inside cabin to to $$$ constraints but will consider a oceanview cabin as well.

Is having 4 per cabin too crowded?

I cannot see pictures on NCL's web site where the extra bed so does anyone have a picture of the extra bed?

I am considering each of my teenagers bringing a friend which would push my party to 7 total.

Appreciate any response!

It is not clear what your group will be made of 4 or 6 teens. You can put lots of teens in one room. Mixed with adults, it does get cozy. Remember, these are smaller than hotel rooms. Everyone gets up and goes to bed at the same time due to lighting. One bathroom.

Thanks to all who posted on this thread! Great information. Especially cruzinwithkids! Those pictures are exactly what I was wanting. THANK YOU!

So far here is who is traveling in my party:

Myself & DW

Two daughters (16 & 18)

Two friends of the daughters (17 yo boyfriend and 16 yo girl friend)

One or two of my DW friends.

We are looking at a cruise to Bermuda in the summer of '10 so planning things now. Your posts have been a big help.

Thank you all again!

Personnally, I would not put more than 3 adults in one cabin (but just you and your wife is even better, for some privacy).

4 teens in one room is fine IMHO because they don't need much privacy. If you all want to eat together and are a little tight to get ready for dinner, one teen can get ready in your room (3 in each).

Also, I think you have to ask your steward to get the "L'' configuration as shown in the picture. Otherwise, they will put the 3rd bed in between the 2 main lower beds.

Also, I think you have to ask your steward to get the "L'' configuration as shown in the picture. Otherwise, they will put the 3rd bed in between the 2 main lower beds.

I think bringing a picture would be recommended as many stewards won't know what you are talking about. A picture and a tip would be best.

I think bringing a picture would be recommended as many stewards won't know what you are talking about. A picture and a tip would be best.

I agree with that, it's definitely more work for the steward to have more than 2 people in the room and also to do this specific configuration.

We just got off the Dawn and had 4 in our inside room - my husband and I, and our two kids DD6 and DS3. The room was crowded, but not terrible. We honestly weren't in there very much and our family was directly across the hall in a mini-suite so any time we wanted to hang out on a balcony that is where we went. We have decided in the future to book the mini-suite. We feel that it is worth the extra money for the extra space.

Archived