Kids Freestyle Dailies for The Pearl

kg66

I have searched for these and can't find anything! Now that my Girls got their Surprise Cruise for Christmas they'd like to know a few things available to do for them. Thanks for any help you can send our way....come on February!!!:p

I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. I was not aware of a separate Daily for children, but there may be one for those enrolled in the chidrens progra, the Kids Crew. Here is a link from the NCL website about that program. Hope that this helps some.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

I'd be interested in the Kid's dailies too. We're going on the Majesty, but ones for any ship would at least give us an idea. My son will be in the 6-9 group. He doesn't usually like the kids club and we don't force him to go, but we try to encourage him when there is something that looks like a lot of fun.

Reminds me of a review I just read ..... a parent gave one star to the Majesty and one of the reasons was that the club was not open ALL DAY. They had to check out the kids for a couple hours during the day. This person complained that they had to spend too much time with 2 screaming kids. Mind you .... THEIR KIDS ... not someone elses. I really hoped it was a joke review but didn't seem that way. The poor kids!!!!

I should have a schedule to post in a couple of weeks for you. The kids receive one 'Daily' when they sign up for Kid's Crew and it has the entire schedule for the week on it. I may still have the one from the Star last year, but I'm not at home. How old are your kids? The activities are slightly different depending on age.

I can tell you that if you do a search for kid's crew, you should find some schedules posted on photo sites, and most of the activities are pretty similar. There are no ball pits on any ships anymore, though, as far as I know. On both of our last cruises, there have also been family events such as pizza making or family karaoke. Also, on the last night, there is a pajama party where the kids have pillow fights and decorate souvenir tee shirts.

I always like to advise people to make sure their kids attend the first night, too. It's the one time when most of the kids on board are going to be there. Some like it and some don't, but at least if they don't, they've had a chance to meet the other kids and find a playmate. :)

On our 3 disney cruises we made our son go to the first night of the kids club for the same reason - because that's when friendships are formed. Unfortunately that first night (on Disney anyway) was very boring for him. They are so busy getting organized, kids signed in, etc. that the activities aren't fun for the boys. Now we let his first time be something cool like making goo, sports games, etc. If it's really fun then he might want to go back another day. Either way is okay with us - I want to spend as much time as I can with him because I work long hours and pretty soon he won't want to spend any time with me. :(

On our 3 disney cruises we made our son go to the first night of the kids club for the same reason - because that's when friendships are formed. Unfortunately that first night (on Disney anyway) was very boring for him. They are so busy getting organized, kids signed in, etc. that the activities aren't fun for the boys. Now we let his first time be something cool like making goo, sports games, etc. If it's really fun then he might want to go back another day. Either way is okay with us - I want to spend as much time as I can with him because I work long hours and pretty soon he won't want to spend any time with me. :(

I'm completely with you on this one. I let ours go as often as she wants, because it's her vacation too, and if that's how she's having fun, then I want her to enjoy it to the fullest. I definitely have no problem if she doesn't want to go, though, because that means we get to have our own time together, and as you say, pretty soon she may want to do anything other than spend time with me. I plan all our excursions based on what I think we'll all enjoy as well. My husband and I have plenty of years left to do 'adult' excursions, and our daughter will never be 10 again! :)

Here is a link to some images of the 2-page Kids Crew activities in a couple of age groups. These are available when signing up for Kids Crew and cover the whole cruise in one document.

http://community.webshots.com/album/546368115pHZSLQ

The Kid's Club dailies listed above are from before the Freestyle 2.0 changes. On Sea Days the free center is open straight through from 9 AM to 10:30 PM with no set times to get your child for meals. Also for days in port the free center usually begins right after (within the hour) the ship leaves port and is open until 10:30 PM. From 10:30 PM to 1 AM is $5 per hour for first child.

Thanks for your posts, and I too agree ...when they want to go to the Kids Club that's great, but when they want to do stuff with us that's great too. We will do our Shore Excursions as a family, but I know they want their own time too!

CanadianTwosome, maybe I'll just have to wait til you get back to post what you find out. I've heard that the Kids Clubs haven't switched over yet to the Freestyle 2.0 until the New Year, so we'll see when you go.:D

Archived