Just upgraded to a suite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rcpd807

I was wondering for those of have stayed in a suite with NCL what the major and minor perks are to booking a suite. We just upgraded from an inside to an AF suite on deck 11 on the Jade leaving Jan 4, 2009.

Any and all information would be appreciated. I understand that bottle water and soda is free. What else might we expect not to have to pay for?

I was wondering for those of have stayed in a suite with NCL what the major and minor perks are to booking a suite. We just upgraded from an inside to an AF suite on deck 11 on the Jade leaving Jan 4, 2009.

Any and all information would be appreciated. I understand that bottle water and soda is free. What else might we expect not to have to pay for?

Actually unless it has just very recently changed, you only get one free bottle of water but you do still pay for soda's.

With a suite the main perks that we enjoy are you will get to check in via a VIP lounge where you will meet your Concierge. You will get priority boarding and when in ports, if you are in a port that tenders, you will get to be the first to tender ashore.

You also get the services of a Concierge and a Butler. The easiest way to think of them is a Butler will take care of all of your needs you have that are for inside the stateroom and your Concierge will take care of anything outside of your stateroom.

Enjoy your suite. You will be spoiled when you get back. Be sure and come back and tell us all about it.

I was in an AF this summer. AF is a "mini suite" and does not have all the priviledges of a full suite. You do have a great bathroom, with a full bathtub, a sitting area that can be closed off with a curtain for privacy from the bed area, and a fabulous balcony.

You also get priority dinner reservations (48 hrs) and I think:

-the upgraded beds

-cookies the night you leave (but this my be 2.0 for all)

-special line for embarkation

That's about it--no Cagney's for breakfast, or butler.

Enjoy the stateroom-it's a great upgrade even if it doesn't have all the suite priviledges.

The AF is not considered a full suite (think of it as a deluxe balcony cabin) and is not eligible for suite perks (butler, concierge, etc). The AF does have a tub/shower combo and you should be able to make dinner reservations 48 hours in advance.

Many pax have booked an AF mini suite thinking that this cabin category will provide them with full suite perks and when they learn this is not the case they can be quite disappointed.

NCL needs to rename the AF cabins to something more descriptive (I suggest deluxe balcony cabin). I know it's been mentioned off and on for years on these boards that the descriptions need to change and I just wish NCL would listen...........

Terrymex - shame on you! So surprised you missed that!

They got an AF mini suite. It is an oversized balcony and does not get suite perks. No butler, no vip, no concierge.

(Terrymex - just giving you a hard time because you always offer good advice)

That's quite a big jump in cabins! Did you call to do it, or did you get an upsell call?

Terrymex - shame on you! So surprised you missed that!

They got an AF mini suite. It is an oversized balcony and does not get suite perks. No butler, no vip, no concierge.

(Terrymex - just giving you a hard time because you always offer good advice)

The lady from NCL today said we had perks that were included with suites. I am wondering if I should of just stayed in my inside cabin and saved that $800. I wonder why the lady on the phone would tell me we got the perks of a suite?:(

The lady from NCL today said we had perks that were included with suites. I am wondering if I should of just stayed in my inside cabin and saved that $800. I wonder why the lady on the phone would tell me we got the perks of a suite?:(

Sad to say, the folks on the phone at all of the lines are pretty clueless. She no doubt believed it, but she was wrong. That is why (as you did) all information should be checked out on the boards ...

Having said that, I think if you can afford it, the $800 is money well spent. You will love having an AF.

I agree an AF is misleadin being called an minisuit but,If you could afford it $800 is GREAT for an upgrade from on INSIDE CABIN TO A LARGE BALCONY cabin. Having a large room and a balcony that DH and I can read, snooooz and cuddle up is so worth it to me.

There is nothing better than having coffe/tea delivered to your room in the morning and watching the sun rise and have a martini in the evening and watching the sun set.

Just off the Christmas sailing on the Gem AE Aft suite. Pure heaven. We had a great time inspite of the weather.

Archived