Glory Aft - Main & Riviera

littleone9699

Hi!

We booked a inside gty for our cruise on Carnival Glory and got an aft room on the Riviera deck. My parents booked a gty after us and got an aft room on the Main deck. Does anyone have experience with rooms at the very aft of the ship? More motion? More noise? Which then leads me to my next question . . . my parents booked through a popular online "travel...." site . . . if they want to look into an upgrade, can they call this website to do it or do they have to wait until we check in? Thanks for your help!!

If your parents want an upgrade do it now. DO not wait til you are onbaord-- there wont be nothing left. Ships sail full.

--

Because the aft of the ship is large-- where exactly is the cabin?

on the direct aft-- across the back-- you could get some vibration when leaving and entering ports. other then that it will be fine. take the aft elevators up to the lido deck will put you at the food/pools.

Did you get an inside cabin or an oceanview one?

I was pretty far aft on the Conquest, Main deck and our floor vibrated all the time. Not just in and out of ports as I expected. I have heard the Conquest may have more vibration than other ships, but I was still surprised.

If you cabin is behind the aft elevators, you will have some vibration Id expect.

Yes as Serene says you can only upgrade thru the TA with Carnival.

RCL has a person at the ports and a fixed rate to upgrade after you check in. Carnival does not do this, not even if the ship isnt full in this economy.

You can only upgrade thru the TA, your parents cant call Carnival, but they can go online and check the rates it would cost to upgrade. They will pay the difference between the price of the guarantee and the cabin they want to change to, not the difference between the now 4B cabin they now have. Sometimes Carnival does upsells, your TA can ask, but they usually seem to be from higher categories than inside cabins.

Archived