Reserved cruise in October, 2008

shaggyofwv

We reserved a cruise on the Explorer which departs in June 2009 in October of 2008 and we were charged the fuel surcharge.. Will this be refunded or will we be given OBC? I have to admit being a little confused over this fuel surcharge refund stuff..

Do I need to call RCI and ask for the surcharge to be removed?

Thanks for your help..

If you have not made final payment yet the fuel surcharge should drop off the final amount you owe and you should not have to call to have it removed.

For our upcoming cruise in February it will be OBC because I had made final payment (early) before the announcement was made. I haven't called to confirm this, it is just my understanding of how it's going to work (ie if final payment has been made you get OBC, if final payment is not yet made it will come off the amount you owe).

You should be able to look at your latest Confirmation of Booking (if you booked directly through RCCL) and compare the amount you owe on it to what is now showing online to see if it has yet been applied.

I just booked a cruise this week, and the invoice showed the fuel surcharge. Funnily enough, a CVP from RC phoned me the day after I booked, to see if he could do anything for me. So, I mentioned the fuel surcharge, and Presto! he took it off. The balcony discount was all wrong, too, and he took care of that as well.

So....for our March cruise I have not made the final payment....the fuel surcharge will be taken off of there??? I guess I will need to check with my TA to see if she knows about that??

I would check with her if I were you.;) I did see in My Cruises how the price had gone down with the cruises I booked directly with RC.

So....for our March cruise I have not made the final payment....the fuel surcharge will be taken off of there???
Yes. I just checked the outstanding balance on our Feb 2010 cruise and the fuel surcharge has already been credited back.

So....for our March cruise I have not made the final payment....the fuel surcharge will be taken off of there??? I guess I will need to check with my TA to see if she knows about that??

I just made final payment for a April 5th cruise, so Im sure you will just subtract the fuel surcharge off the bill.

My TA also never notified me of the fuel being removed but it was. Im sure your TA knows, just isnt notifying you.

Archived