teen and "smart casual"

sviramo

I am wondering if anyone has traveled with a teenage son on RC and could tell me what they wore. We are definitely not doing formal night so don't want to miss another night in the dining room but the definition of it would require not just another outfit but a pair of shoes.

For smart casual my son (age 16) wears khakis and either a polo-type shirt or one of those short-sleeve plaid button-down shirts over a nice t-shirt. He wears loafers with this. I'd say this is pretty standard kit for most of the teen boys I've noticed on board.

Years back did travel with a teenage son on RCCL. We did do formal night in which he wore a Charcoal grey suit. On the other nights he wore docker type pants with a type of dock shoe and either an open long sleeved button down shirt with no jacket or tie. or short sleeve collar polo type of shirt. He fit right in with the other men and teenagers.

Agree with the above posters, however if you do want formal night don't rule it out. My DS wore tan dockers with a navy blazer found at Goodwill. He looked fine and it was not a problem for us until he really got full grown to find him something appropriate to wear at a shop like this. Last year we finally had to spring for his first suit!

Archived