Silver Cloud In Room Wifi

Dingbees

My wife and I are cruisng from Buenos Aires on the Silver Cloud on January 20, 2009. It is my understanding that each individual suite now has wifi service. Does anyone know if they charge for using the wifi, if you have your own laptop.

Yes, you are charged for WiFi. Regardless of whether you use your laptop or the ship's computers, you pay the same, choosing among the offerings of different charges for different numbers of minutes. The laptop advantage is being able to use it in your suite or in other areas of the ship.

Just left the Cloud - same itinerary - you're in for a big treat. There are packages but the basic rate w/o package is .50 per minute. Next cheapest one amounts to .45 per minute. If you use your own, you can compose your mail & just send & receive while connected - only the connection time is charged. From log in to log out to send & receive, took about 3 minutes from our cabin. However, every port has easy access internet cafes & the rates are sooooo cheap. Wouldn't use them for anything but e-mail, however. Usually about $1 per HOUR. You are going to LOVE your cruise, wish we were back - having terrible withdrawal.

Cheers

Thanks for the info about the wifi on the Silver Coud, do you have any recommendations for the shore excursions. My wife and I are trying to pick out tours, but it is very difficult if you have never been to South America before.

Any informaiton would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Dingillo (San Clemente, CA)

Sorry, Dingbees, I looked at your schedule & realized that it's not the same after all. We were on Barbados - B.A. We've done that itinerary with a different company 3 years ago & it's a wonderful itinerary. You will absolutely LOVE the fjords. They're awesome, at the risk of using an overused word. I hope you can spend some time in Buenos Aires. We just adored the Cloud, it needs a little updating, which it will get soon, but the staff & the itinerary & the fellow cruisers will more than make up for a little tattered look. You will love Judy, the cruise director, I hope she'll do a one woman show about her life on cruise ships while you're on board, don't miss it. Pls. post when you return with your experiences. Safe Travels.

Archived