doors on the balcony

msshawn

Always sleep with the balcony door open...the sound of the crashing waves is so relaxing...

have they changed the balcony door configuration? It's been about 10 years since I sailed on Carnival (Triumph), but the doors then swung outward vs. sliding, and it would have been impossible to keep them open at night. At the time, I was told that it was configured that way to more effectively temper the air conditioning.

have they changed the balcony door configuration? It's been about 10 years since I sailed on Carnival (Triumph), but the doors then swung outward vs. sliding, and it would have been impossible to keep them open at night. At the time, I was told that it was configured that way to more effectively temper the air conditioning.

The doors did and still do swing open outward...

We just stick the rubber door stopper in the door jamb and it works fine...some swear by the bungee method.

What are you imagining would be unsafe about it?

Unfortunately, there are still jerks who flick their lit cigarettes off the sides of the ship.

Personally, I don't want that humid salt air in "my" pillow and bedding.

Sleeping with the sounds of the waves crashing is a highlight of having a balcony room!

We do leave it all the way open, however... we use our luggage strap and keep it about half way.

It does get really humid, however. So the further south we go, we are less likely to keep it open.

Catrin

Archived