Daytrip Snacking

newscruiser

We brought several cans of the Gerber Graduate puffs with us, they're lightweight so it didn't add much to the baggage, I also brought sandwich bags so I didn't have to bring the can every time. Sometimes there's Cheerios on the breakfast buffet, but we were pre-warned not to depend on them to be available the entire cruise, if they're available early in the week, they might be gone by the end. You're not supposed to take fruit off the ship, but I will admit to banana smuggling on occasion. ;)

Only pre-packaged foods can be taken off---do NOT take fruits, veggies or meats from the buffet off the ship. (You can be fined or arrested--not a great vacation experience!) Take a box of cereal, or something like that. Food is available in ports, if you get too famished!

There will always be little boxes of cereal on the buffet, but the previous poster is correct, you cannot guarantee that any particular kind of cereal will be there on any given day.

When we cruised with an 11 month old, we were always back on the ship by lunch so she could nap in the afternoon onboard. As a result, we never really had to pack too much while we were ashore.

Archived