can you walk around?

ilmsg

Definitly.

You have a couple of thngs you can do. You can hang out in the port area... there are plenty of shops/restaurants, etc. Also, there is a huge pool to swim in... no cost. It isn't very "native" though... build by the cruise lines for cruise passengers...

Or, you can take a cab to Majuhaul. It only costs a few bucks... you will get a more authentic look at the area... beach.. vendors... bars... restaurants...

You can do both... you will have plenty of time.

JD

I'm going in March 2009 on the Carnival Glory and have been researching things to do at this port. Check out this link:

http://www.hotelmayaluna.com/index.html#

There have been some great posts about this place. Gives you a chance to have a quiet day enjoying the facilities at their hotel - beach, great food & drinks away from the crowds. Then back to the port for last minute shopping and off to the next port. I also plan to arrange a snorkel trip from this hotel. Enjoy your trip!

I'm going in March 2009 on the Carnival Glory and have been researching things to do at this port. Check out this link:

http://www.hotelmayaluna.com/index.html#

There have been some great posts about this place. Gives you a chance to have a quiet day enjoying the facilities at their hotel - beach, great food & drinks away from the crowds. Then back to the port for last minute shopping and off to the next port. I also plan to arrange a snorkel trip from this hotel. Enjoy your trip!

RiverRat001 & ilmsg,

Yes – you are correct on the positive experiences Hotel Maya Luna has provided to many day cruise line passengers. We (party of 6) spend a wonderful relaxing day on the beach here on Dec. 23, 2008. Just peace and quiet mixed together with good food/drinks and pure hospitality. Believe me you won’t want to leave. On the hotel’s WEB site there is an email address for questions and reservations. FYI, they will only accept a maximum of 15 people at the same moment to stay at their beach.

Kevin

Archived