On-Board Promotions for Booking Your Next Cruise

From Virginia Beach

Welcome to HAL!

While on board, you can book future cruises or you can put a deposit to be held on a future cruise to be named. Deposits are $100 per person and need to be used within 4 years

You also are awarded OBC based on length of voyage and type of cabin

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Just a little note...if you are going on a charter they will likely not offer this deal as there will not be a future cruise consultant on board. Or, I should say, at least this was the case with my Zuiderdam cruise. The future cruise credit deal was advertised 3 times in the daily programs, but there was not a consultant aboard therefore HAL would not honor the offer. I was really bummed. :(

I'm not sure if you are going on a charter or not, but wanted you to be aware of this possibility.

It's really nice to have to deposit only $100/pp for a future unspecified cruise.

The only drawback is that once you choose a cruise and 'lock' it in, if Holland America later offers 'special rates' they often only apply 'to new bookings only'.

But is it really a drawback? We normally let our Holland America TA handle our bookings. Yes, we have to monitor the cruise prices ourselves, but when we call we've never had a problem with them 're-booking' the cruise at the new rate. We just get a new booking number. We are told they normally have to get 'supervisor's permission' - but so far it hasn't been denied.

I'm not sure how (or if) this affects our status with the Upgrade Fairy or Dinner Seating though. We've had times when we had booked the cruise over 1 year in advance, and had it rebooked as late as 60 days prior to sailing.

I think in that case, you could have done it by phone (through the front office) with Seattle office.

I actually tried - twice (once from the ship, once at home) - and all I was told was it was an error and they apologized and sorry there would be no deal.

Not a biggie in hindsight, but I was very disappointed at the time.

Archived